zf-5 gone with no budget

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i make a run to richmond from va beach in my ol 92 7.3 with a zf-5. git up there with no problems. on ht e way back (230 miles round trip) i casually go from forth to fifth gear and it starts to drag. put the throttle down and it just pulls it down. It comes to a stop.(this was within a mile from gittin back home none the less!!!!!!) put it in gear and let the clutch out and stall the truck. put it in neutral. same thing. so i get it towed and i put it in seutral the thing backs up! so now i have all 5 forwards reverse and a reverse in neutral. Need to know where to get a zf-5 cheap. hard as crap to come by in decent shape with a decent price. thanks

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in Hillside VA:
Matlocks Auto Recycling has a zf5 for $600 1-276-728-3116

This is exactly why I get on here and post about every little problem I have as I continue to try and get my truck back in top(ish) form. It's like having the worlds most complete IDI salvage yard next door, along with the worlds best interactive IDI service manual. Now, if I could just find a similar web site for a 2000 Bonneville, and the worlds best lottery ticket, I'd be in good shape.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
This is exactly why I get on here and post about every little problem I have as I continue to try and get my truck back in top(ish) form. It's like having the worlds most complete IDI salvage yard next door, along with the worlds best interactive IDI service manual. Now, if I could just find a similar web site for a 2000 Bonneville, and the worlds best lottery ticket, I'd be in good shape.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle