YEEHAW!!!! Blowed up my tranny today!!!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
It's 2146 miles to Paradise UT from you. 4296+ round trip, @ 10MPG thats 430 gallons fuel @ $4.30/gal. that's $1849.00 plus ar least two days motel another $100, is it worth it for that tranny in Utah.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't realize how far away it was!!1

In that case, spend the extra $300 or so on top of your E4OD rebuild and ZF that thing locally!!!

You WON'T regret it!!

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
True that. This kit is what I ended up getting for mine:

http://www.becontrols.com/products/e4odcat.htm

(scroll down to "E4OD Hard Parts Update Kit")

For $350, you get the 6 pinion steel forward, rollerbearing center support, newer input shaft, and the 4 pinion steel overdrive planet. A heavy duty reverse geartrain is available too but I don't think its really needed.

The catch is just keeping all the different updates straight in your head. I doubt I could remember everything I did to mine and I know there are still improvements I could have made.

Not a bad price for the iron parts.:thumbsup: Low reverse should get up dated too. Depending on the year, an extra steel and friction can be added. Machining is required for the E4OD drum. The 4R100 is a drop in replacement.

After awhile the updates become automatic. It's mods that become the challenge. :D

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have the money right now to do anything! i would like to do a 5speed swap but my grand fathers welding rig is to far away and i have no way of towing it. and i cant find a cheap parts truck that is stick and close , ManicMike has a auto trans he will sell me for $150 but it needs a seal, and i also found a rebuilt 93 e4od from a truck parts place thats about a hour from me for $700 with a 90day warranty. the main thing is the truck will just have to sit till i get the money for a auto or cheap stick truck for parts or if i can figure out how to go get my grandpops truck

The front pump seal, very common for E4OD's to blow. I've actually already pulled the old seal out, just need to spend the $6 at NAPA for the new seal. Like I said, just add fuel cost to the price and I'll deliver it to you.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need your truck now ManicMike's offer sounds like the least expensive way to go at this time. Especially with you unemployed status. Not having your own transportation makes it tougher to get a job in a way you might not expect. If a future employer discovers that you don't have a running vehicle to get to work in he might not hire you since that makes you less reliable to show up for work on time or at all.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
thats the route im probly going to go!!! i just need to wait for the 1st unemployment check. and thanks again manic mike. also after i buy mikes trans im goin to pull apart the old one and see exactly what the hell happened and maybe rebuild it and make it a tougher trans with some parts from all the sites that you guys sent me to put back in my truck when i turbo,moose pump, and bigger injector it, and keep the manicmike trans for a spare :rock:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
thats the route im probly going to go!!! i just need to wait for the 1st unemployment check. and thanks again manic mike. also after i buy mikes trans im goin to pull apart the old one and see exactly what the hell happened and maybe rebuild it and make it a tougher trans with some parts from all the sites that you guys sent me to put back in my truck when i turbo,moose pump, and bigger injector it, and keep the manicmike trans for a spare :rock:

Post pictures of the tranny carnage when you pull it apart.:D Try your hand at rebuilding it. It's not hard to make a decent unit with the kits available now.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Can you find an old t-19? One guy here has a t-18 in his truck. the t-19 may not have overdrive, but 4 gears is better than no gears i suppose.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
ill be taken pics of it! and i have a t19 in my 86 f350 its not a diesel but the 460 makes good power it chain towed my 92 home with out any trouble!! but if i were to do a stick swap it would be a zf5

Last edited:

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
welp it looks like im **** outta luck. just got off the phone with unemployment and my last employer fuked up paper work that they were exchanging back and forth and now i cant collect till the next new clam period starts which is in mid july. looks like the diesels goin to sit for awhile now. time to get the ole 86 re-insured and registered and back to gettin 8mpg!

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
THAT is a pile of BS! I had unemployment tell me that once and I almost blew a gasket. I forgot what I said to them and what paperwork I had to submit, but they HAD to issue me a claim and back pay me to the date I ACTUALLY got laid off. Then they went back after my employer to find out WHY the paperwor THEY submitted got all screwed up.

Details son, get the details from them and put it to them!!

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i would like to try to find out what the hell happend with the paper work but i dont have time for that. its back to work asap. so i can get the money for my trans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online