yay it works

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well now that its gettin colder and i am home been workin on the truck constantly it seems. i replaced the glow plug controller before i deployed and while i was gone my brother said sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt. now that i have looked at it. when i installed it i broke the main power on the relay. guess i made it to tight. :dunno not wanting to buy the whole thing i bought a starter relay for it. wired it up just like the old one. and no go. :mad: guess i should have inspected the relay first cause its set up a lil different. took it back out figured out where each wire should go on the new one and bam. she is back to workin correctly. :thumbsup: always nice to figure stuff out. 8 new glow plugs on order so in the next few days they will go on and new bullet connecters. sorry for the ramble but i just thought i would share my excitement for the day. ;Sweet

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! It always feels good to get your truck in good shape :)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome back and thank you for serving. Glad your home safely too. Take a close look at the manin engine wireing harness plugg. Thos two yellow wires on the end of it supply the power to the controller and they are way too small. Any corrosion and the plug melts.. Worst case it starts a fire. Replace it with a 4 or 6 gauge length of speaker wire directly from the fender relay... Remember thats a constantly hot wire too...:sly

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your talkin about the all time power to it? mine is just one thick red wire. shocked me good the other day cause i was to lazy to undo the batteries. been workin constant on the thing. just put in new injectors and brakes bout a week ago. thanks i am glad to be home safely as well. i was well watched over that is for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US