yall gonna think im crazy LOWERING THE DUALLY!!

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
so Ive found some tricks to getting the front end down without the 600 dollar dream beams so i found that i can drill new i beam mount holes in the cross member then get lowering springs and not mess up the camber alignment so my question is can i use springs for a f350 with a small block would those lower it around two inches i found these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/M...|XLT|Air+Conditioning|Yes|Transmission|Manual

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
personally id cough up the cash for the beams.i want to drop mine but i wont do it till i can afford the beams or find a used set somewhere.

but with the way you want to do it i think id go get a set of new springs and cut a couple coils out of them.trust me,small block springs wont do anything but be a lowering kit by themselves

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i thought about cutting but im not sure i could secure the spring in the mount since it seems the coil it designed to kinda lock in place

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
lol you dont know what ive seen in the custom shops ive worked in scary

im not trying to hack my truck im just trying to find a good spring since the dont make a lowering spring the springs i posted are progressive rate which should work well but im not sure how much weight drop they would have

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cutting the coil shouldnt give it a hard ride.heating them will.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another issue with the way you want to do it is you gotta do something with the radius arms as well.if not youll end up with way to much castor

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
caster dosent worry me as much because i can drive without tire ware ... well atleast not alot and i can cut and slide the mounts forward

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
ha so im ridng the edge give me a break lol if i buy new springs im not HACKING anything lol just swapping

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i still say wait till ya can get the beams and do it right.plus save yourself some headaches.gonna be putting ALOT of unneeded stress on the I beam and radius arm bushings.IIRC somebody makes dropped spindles

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard bad things about cutting coils.... they say it really makes it a hard ride...

Calculate on about 10 % increase in spring rate per 1" cut out.

cutting the coil shouldnt give it a hard ride.heating them will.
Nope cutting the coil stiffens the spring....heating the coil softens the spring and makes it more likely to coil bind thus it can bottom out sooner.

Used to cut springs and setup a car for autocross/hill climb back in the day...you learn alot by ERROR and trials till you get something that works well....lots of practice aka ERRORSLOL and a lil -cuss now n then this helps:hail too

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
I'm sure you have thought about this already, but what about just leveling the truck out?

Unless you're going for the slammed look.

And just because I like these duallies :D

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
The red one has a full beltech kit I love all those duallys and I do want to slam it I already have all the airride plumbing on it just no bags and brackets another plus with the relocated I beam bolt and spring is if you do that and I beams then you get nice and low beams give you 3 inches I want 5 before I bag it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online