yall gonna think im crazy LOWERING THE DUALLY!!

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
It's an 1 1/6 or 1 1/8 I can't remember I have a trailer ball wrench that fits it and it has both of those sizes on it.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just took one off today, well im converting a 2wd to a 4wd, and going to reuse the coil springs and radius arms, but the nut size, its 1 1/8

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

2 inches lower thanks biggin92 and mudkickr 1 1/8 it is man that thing was tight now to take the rear down 4 inches

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
You will not notice a difference with the sway bar missing on the front end. I pulled mine and it has 33" tires...but it works just like it did when there was a bar there. The camber and caster are both controlled by the top eccentric in that ball joint. You can get different ones that have different degrees from certain autopart stores, but it is BEST to already know what you need so you don't have to do it several times.

BTW, if I had a dually, I too would lower it. I want one that would seat all 5 of us and get 30 mpg...but I have a strange feeling that is a pipe dream.

SWS

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Took it out last night and your right it dosent body roll around the corners or anything the truck has one adjustable camber ecentric and one factory I think ill bite the bullet and take it in and have them deal with it I tried to break them lose but rfan out of time plus 300k + of rust belt driving has everything pretty solid under there

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score

this is what i started with two years ago

Last edited:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to take the ball joints out of it and air hammer the old ones out to put the new ones in. Hammer that thing to the ground. If it was me, I would knock it down like you are doing and then chanel it a bit to get it as low on the body as I could. Unfortuntatly, to do that right, it takes a LOT of time. I am not sure why there is not a difference in the way it drives with and w/o a sway bar. MAYBE if you were autocrossing it, there may be a difference, but I did not notice it at all when I pulled mine.

SWS

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
dont worry i like slammed stuff heres my 87 and lowered 4x4 jimmy

this one is how low i could drive it

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Little confused on the lowered 4X4 and all, but I am a huge proponent of "Your money, your car, you do what you want" so take that as you will. Also, is that a Daytona next to you in the first pic?

SWS

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
ya i get that alot on the 4x4 its great for winter and the orange car is a rx7 with a tubro'd ls1 v8 very very very fast