WTS light only stays on 1/2 second

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voltage test of the batteries means little to nothing. If the batteries were low and it cranked slow after they were disconnected while parked, then it's pretty simple; the batteries aren't holding a charge. If you have the means to do this, next thing I'd try is to charge the batteries, then leave them for a day or so before load testing them. They might have passed a load test previously if it was shortly after charging them or running the truck on them, but if they don't hold a charge after a day of sitting, stick a fork in 'em, they're done.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good thing is they are only 2 years old so should get switched out for free. I'm pretty sure it's the batteries, the napa guy is not convinced of course. Will go in the morning and talk to the owner, he's a friend of mine.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your batteries are no good. They don't have the capacity to spin the starter. It is NOT the starter. Don't cheap out, get good batteries. I like Sears Die Hard Gold. These last as long as any other batteries I have tried.

Dave

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the best ones napa has, I live 100 miles from the next town with a Sears or any other auto store so things like batteries have to be bought at napa, since I can pick them up and exchange them when they go bad. Not the ideal situation unfortunately. I'll charge them tonight and let them sit overnite before driving them over to the shop.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the replacement batteries yesterday, forgot how fast the engine rolls over with good batteries, lol, all is well now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online