WTB: Crew Cab body/stripped chassis

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
I am looking for a decent crew cab body with rear doors and rear interior pieces in the very least for a project, I guess any year would work but prefer 92-97 for fitment reasons. I need you to be close to me within a few hundred miles at most, but I'll go further for the right truck or price, or BOTH!

I guess the ideal truck would be a CC SRW 4x4 without an engine or trans, WITH TITLE, but I'll look at just about any thing you have.

I will be taking a complete and drivable 93 CnC dually 6x4(2wd) 7.3/E4OD, NO TITLE:dunno, and making this a WVO highway cruiser.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/2538038986.html
the only thing that im really wanting out of this truck is the steering column and clutch pedal. everything else needs to go! however im more than a few hundred miles from you... but i do have a title! i can certainly work with you on delivery if you dont find anything better. my cell number is in that ad.

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
I have no idea what you just said,...:dunno

I feel the same way sometimes;

93 CnC dually 6x4(2wd) 7.3/E4OD, NO TITLE, and making this a WVO highway cruiser
=
1993 Cab n Chassis 2wd dually 7.3l with E40D auto, wishing I had a title and this was a Waste Vegetable Oil fueled truck

sorry.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
diesel dog catcher hates me for posting this.....
too bad you're on the wrong side of the country. this is what went to the mill last year.

Attachments

• SL379924.JPG
    SL379924.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 20

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
diesel dog catcher hates me for posting this.....
too bad you're on the wrong side of the country. this is what went to the mill last year.

Yeah, exactley what I'm looking for, although if I can find one with a little more frame and rear doors... I think I would be better off with a frame AND cab instead of trying to extend a frame; finding rails sections, cutting and keeping everything straight, insuring GOOD welds and then there is the cab transfer itself... oh forget it! I think transfering parts would be easier and stronger.

I forgot how hard it was sliding my 72 cab across its frame and onto the frame of the 79 supercab truck, I would hate to try sliding a crew cab by myself, not to mention, I would be lifting it off a trailer and, oh forget it!!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to PM me. i am picking up a complete crew cab 4x4 friday or saturday. I need the running gear, and engine trans combo. I have no real use for the rest of it. Supposed to be rust free. I really dont want to send it to the scrapper. These are getting harder to come by.

Send em a PM and I will send my phone numebr and pics. I cant send you a PM so i guess your not accepting them.

On and i am in Mobile Alabama right off highway 65. so its an easy run to get it.

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
Hey gunz, that wuold be super cool, I need an excuse to get down to Pensacola and that will work! Is it a 250 or 350? Colors? Any pics? I'm interested as long as there is a way to get it on my 16' utility trailer I use as a car hualer. I have to take a horse to SW MO. Wednesday, Aug. 31, but will be free after that, hoiw long will it take to part out? Need help?

Sorry about the PM, I must have it turned off or something, I'll edit my profile and fix all that tonight and get a message to you.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactley what I'm looking for, although if I can find one with a little more frame and rear doors... I think I would be better off with a frame AND cab instead of trying to extend a frame; finding rails sections, cutting and keeping everything straight, insuring GOOD welds and then there is the cab transfer itself... oh forget it! I think transfering parts would be easier and stronger.

I forgot how hard it was sliding my 72 cab across its frame and onto the frame of the 79 supercab truck, I would hate to try sliding a crew cab by myself, not to mention, I would be lifting it off a trailer and, oh forget it!!
i'm a lazy SOB...no frame cutting was done. I kept the pickup dualie off the rear and let the frame hang off the back of the truck.
jred and ddc....eat your heart out:D

Attachments

• SL379925.JPG
    SL379925.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 8

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to get the truck on friday but my IDI decided it wanted to have a fuel issue. I should be going after it friday or saturday. Then it shouldnt take more then a week to have everything I want/need off the truck. I tried to PM you again, but no avail. Your welcome to email me [email protected]

THE TRUCK IS A 1990 IF THAT MATTERS.

Last edited:

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
I was supposed to get the truck on friday but my IDI decided it wanted to have a fuel issue. I should be going after it friday or saturday. Then it shouldnt take more then a week to have everything I want/need off the truck. I tried to PM you again, but no avail. Your welcome to email me [email protected]

THE TRUCK IS A 1990 IF THAT MATTERS.

Sorry I forgot to change my user settings but it has been done now, took a while to find the PM options, I'm technologically challenged.

1990 should not matter, I can use my front cap and dash and front door panels, I guess the back door panels are not too different from the later ones. I am assuming I will need to replace the VIN plate with another I have a title for anyway.

My only thing is I am wondering how to do this, lenghten my frame and set that cab on it or transfer my 2wd dually componenets to your frame. I noticed the frame on my 4x4 SRW 350 is not the same as the CabnChassis frame as far as rail height and thickness. I also have an 11 foot flatbed on my truck that I kinda like as I can mount my two semi truck waste oil tanks under it right behind the cab and not take up bed space. I can shorten the bed if I had too, much easier than lengthening a frame, I think. I would love to build this back as a fourwheeler but I won't be offroading it, so I guess why?

I've seen some 1 ton Chevy trucks with semi wheels on them (19.5's?), how do they do that, that looks KILLER! I am guessing body lift and adapters?:dunno

My mind is racing with the possibilities, I'm already thinking about selling the Bronco's and Flairside to fund this project! I have a few cars to take to the scrap yard as well, just been too hot to mess with anything the past few weeks.

No, I'm not getting excited.:D

Last edited:

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/2538038986.html
the only thing that im really wanting out of this truck is the steering column and clutch pedal. everything else needs to go! however im more than a few hundred miles from you... but i do have a title! i can certainly work with you on delivery if you dont find anything better. my cell number is in that ad.

I thought I posted a response, apperantley not. Thanks for having me in mind about that truck, No offense but Northern trucks scare the hell out of me. I have scrapped a number of these Ford trucks based on the fact they were rusted so badly. If there is a little rust showing through, then there is a lot more hiding in there just waiting to push through the paint.

Too bad I am not closer to you, I have a std steering column, with key, and clutch pedal assembly from a gas F-350 with the ZF 5spd laying in the parts shed somewhere.

ghettoscrap

Reaction score
i'm a lazy SOB...no frame cutting was done. I kept the pickup dualie off the rear and let the frame hang off the back of the truck.
jred and ddc....eat your heart out:D

You just HAD to post another picture, huh? Well i feel a little better knowing the doors were missing. Just a little though.