WOW Beautiful 86 on E-bay

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here it will bring the money. I would like to know whats up with the title though. It is very possible that the tag office screwed it up. A friend of mine bought an F150 that had a 302 in it. It was a numbers matching truck cause we checked it out. The title said it was a strait six manual and it was a 302 auto. Numbers matched, description didn't.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I had to look twice - it's the correct tailgate, it's just the aluminum pane that throws ya off - the later XLT Lariat trucks have a different panel, it don't go as high and wrap around the tailgate handle like this one does.

My 86 lariat has that tailgate, was nice too until some drunk lady kissed the back drivers side of the truck with her explorer...

she tried to take off too, lucky the PO of my truck was working in the garage and heard the whole thing!

My lariat also has PW and PDL, they work nice too... :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck but that is WAY TOO MUCH on the "buy it now price." I paid thousands less than that for my rust free, cherry, and much harder to find '86 F350 4x4 SRW Crew cab.

Heath

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny Mel! Eagle eye is right!! You can tell when someone has been through the ringer...you notice stuff like that! Yah strange about the title...obviously a messup at the DMV (typo). Fortunately it wouldn't take much to fix it...."here that is" we aren't commy country down here - ...from your troubles you described Mel I know it would be horrible there! Yikes! Anyway that truck is actually not far from me...not far from Joe either...if anyone is looking to pay 10 grand for an '86 LOL I'll go check it out for another 5 grand! LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing he took a picture of the door tag. The 8th digit is a 1, which confirms it was built with a 6.9, so the title is just wrong. :cookoo

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
$9500 for a nice old truck is nuts... If it had a worked over 460, decent lift and some custom work I could see it but a nice old diesel with 100k that guy must be high. :rotflmao

I'd take that truck over a hot lifted 460 any day, it'll pass a gas station!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
It sounds like he may have purchased it recently and is trying to flip it, "title is at GA DMV being transfered into my wife's name" cookoo

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I may sound crazy and I just may be but, If this was next year and our 07 supercrew was paid off....I would have bought that truck already. Another will show up I'm sure but that is a nice well kept truck that will make the new owner happy for years to come.

pafixitman

Reaction score
That's funny Mel! Eagle eye is right!! You can tell when someone has been through the ringer...you notice stuff like that! Yah strange about the title...obviously a messup at the DMV (typo). Fortunately it wouldn't take much to fix it...."here that is" we aren't commy country down here - ...from your troubles you described Mel I know it would be horrible there! Yikes! Anyway that truck is actually not far from me...not far from Joe either...if anyone is looking to pay 10 grand for an '86 LOL I'll go check it out for another 5 grand! LOL

50 miles from me. 35 from my sister.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin... This truck reminds me of the nice dually crewcab with a 460 you had.... I wish I had a museum to keep both of them in... Save these trucks forever that way...:sly

Yea it really looks like that quality. It is not a cheap truck but i don't think he is out of the ball park for pricing. Problem is that in my experience E-bay is not the best platform to reach the right buyer and get big money out of these trucks. I have sold most of my big dollar trucks out of the Auto RV magazine, and Auto Trader Website.

Seems like e-buyers are looking for a cheap deal.

Well have to watch and see what happens......

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have bought both of my IDI's off ebay. Got one from VA and the other from TN. Both of them I bought right after they had listed. My old 93 the guy had been trying to sell it for 3 months up in VA and not one bite. I called him within an hour of its listed with the down payment and was there that weekend to get it. Wish I could get it back but the guy that I sold it to had all the body work done and put a lot of money in it. Sold it for $7000 with 390,000 on it all original. The guy that has it now won't let go of it and its still going strong and no one has touched the motor since I did the valve springs when I had it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online