wood vinyl interior stuff?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i would like to make some of stuff i my trucks interior look like wood, dose anyone know of any good kits for something like this:dunno i'm playing with some king ranch/lariat interior idea for my 92 :sly

thanks for any help;Sweet

StangFast42

Reaction score
Theres always wood dash kits, however they range in price and quality (and one does reflect the other). Or if your painting skills are good, you can try painting "wood" trim pieces. In terms of king ranch stuff, you can spend the $$$ for real king ranch seats and fab brackets, or you can get your seats redone. The leather is available, and there is also really good quality vinyl. It all depends on the funding.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Theres always wood dash kits, however they range in price and quality (and one does reflect the other). Or if your painting skills are good, you can try painting "wood" trim pieces. In terms of king ranch stuff, you can spend the $$$ for real king ranch seats and fab brackets, or you can get your seats redone. The leather is available, and there is also really good quality vinyl. It all depends on the funding.

do you know any web site's where i can find wood dash kits for my 92:dunno

StangFast42

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want to recommend you to a place I never dealt with. I would say to just shop around a bit on the web, and if you find something you like, give them a call. Just so you'll know exactly what your dealing with and what your getting. The wood vinyl sheets may be a good option, however its going to require alot of patience and finesse especially if your not use to wrapping trim parts. Either route, the finished product should look great ;Really definitely take some before and after pics ;Sweet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Someone on here (can't remember who) has REAL wood interior...

I think it was walnut, but can't be sure. Looked real nice though!

Definately a project for someone who doesn't mind a few splinters up the finger nails ;p

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score

Definately a project for someone who doesn't mind a few splinters up the finger nails ;p

Like mine? :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
THAT'S IT!

Looks damn good! I would greatly perfer that over the faux wood grain plastic...

Did you use walnut, or something else?

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Thanks, its walnut. Had some boards left over from the wood flooring when dad built the house. All the wood came from walnut trees on our own property.

I had the boards sawed into thinner "veneer" but it's more like 1/4"-3/16".

I even made solid wood door handles and window cranks too, but the cranks are kinda ugly though.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I've been building a kayak out of walnut veneer strips for about 3 years now... Whole thing is in storage right now, as I don't have a shop to work on it.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want to recommend you to a place I never dealt with. I would say to just shop around a bit on the web, and if you find something you like, give them a call. Just so you'll know exactly what your dealing with and what your getting. The wood vinyl sheets may be a good option, however its going to require alot of patience and finesse especially if your not use to wrapping trim parts. Either route, the finished product should look great ;Really definitely take some before and after pics ;Sweet

yeah i was thinkin the wood vinyl sheets. i'm pertty good at lil detail like that(i love doing that kinda stuffcookoo;Sweet) lol ill look around and see what i can find;Sweet oh and you bet i'll post pic's:sly that's my favorite part lol

real wood would be cool but i just don't have the tool's to do it anymore

Like mine? :sly

that looks awsome;Sweet

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Ive been toying with an idea that is similer but i was gonna use some polishe d alum diamond plate that i have leftover from our trailer :)

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
i know of a old school trick for painting wood though. frist you paint the part brown and then take an acetylene torch and soot the crap out of it and then sprend it around with a paint brush to make it look like wood grane and then clear coat it. i mite try this on some parts i have laying around and see how it looks;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger