Won't Start

rodymartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
92.5 7.3 with a ATS turbo. Bloody thing will not start. Turns over just fine but not start. If it was a cat or big diesel I would just see if it would fire on ether. But with glow plugs that is not good. Any idea before I start tearing into it??-cuss

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
We need more information to help you figure out the problem with your starting. Is your WTS coming on? Do you happen to know the history of the glow plugs in it, maybe some or possibly all of them are in need of being changed out with new MOTORCRAFT plugs. There is no real need to tear into the thing.

When you turn on the key and the WTS light goes off do you see any changes in your voltage?

rodymartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need more information to help you figure out the problem with your starting. Is your WTS coming on? Do you happen to know the history of the glow plugs in it, maybe some or possibly all of them are in need of being changed out with new MOTORCRAFT plugs. There is no real need to tear into the thing.

When you turn on the key and the WTS light goes off do you see any changes in your voltage?

The WTS comes on and the Voltage pulls down during this time.

What is weird is that it ran fine on Friday when I made a 100 mile trip to the bank and back. Yesterday and today I try to start and no good.

sassyrel

Reaction score
YES

I have it running now but it was hard to start. I think it is a glow plug problem will have to check after batteries are back up.

gp's should ohm out at no more than 1.5 ohms each--and no other brand but motorcraft--unless you want BIG problems--

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
YES

I have it running now but it was hard to start. I think it is a glow plug problem will have to check after batteries are back up.

How long did the WTS light stay on?

When she came to life, did it sputter, kick and cough? How are your return line caps? Any wetness just below where the hard line goes into the injector?