WMO/WVO Fuel Line Prices OMFG

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
The cheapest I can find is locally is Checker @ $5.92/ft for 3/8" and $5.20 for 5/16".

CQ wants $7.27/$8.27 and it goes form there at Autozone and Napa...

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of using the Parker brand hose that has the inner liner shield. I did a little checking for you for locations that sell hydraulic hose products in colorado.
http://hydraulicenergy.com/
http://www.strublefluidpower.com/
You should be able to get better prices by saying you're from a local city gov entity like a fleet depot, motor pool, parks dept. You can also say you're from a local shop in the area and if they ask if it's for resale then tell them it's for personal use and that makes it taxable.
I've worked for or had affiliations with many shops, etc in my area and found that this can save me 15-40% off the cost of retail for items I'm looking for.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do hoses (mostly hydraulic) for a living, the barrier style construction of the Superflex makes it better than any other 30RXX style fuel hose, especially with BD.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
This stuff you're suggesting is fairly cheap - can be had for like $3.00/ft.

Now, I hope you take no offense to this - but how is it that you're the only one on the 'Net saying this? Trust me I want it to be true!

I do hoses (mostly hydraulic) for a living, the barrier style construction of the Superflex makes it better than any other 30RXX style fuel hose, especially with BD.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Heh - you should see the line from my wmo tank - sweating enough now that it will be forming drips before long. Good thing I'm working on the heat exchanger install, I probably would have lost a line before long if I wasn't about to upgrade...

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Heh - you should see the line from my wmo tank - sweating enough now that it will be forming drips before long. .

Yeah, you should see the return line from tank to steel line on my '84 Mercedes. :eek: I'm talkin' sticky black goo and ready to drip too. Tank is coming out maybe this weekend for severe J30R9 upgrade on supply side too. Go figure, I just added some B100 to the tank. cookoo LOL

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
runnning nothing but homemade b100 for 3-4 years (pretty much since I had the truck). I swapped all fuel line with standard diesel fuel line.
still good.

I used it in the fuel tanks and the outer layer got soft and gummy, so I'd advise you not to spill alotta fuel on the outside of the fuel line.
otherwise chill bro.

even if you replace all the fuel line every 5 years, whats it three hours work? $50? aint but a thing.
i was tempted to redo all of it in cast iron like on my boats.

drew

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm in complete and total shock what some corporations are getting away with charging for fuel line.

25ft of viton line from McMaster is close to $400.00!!!!!!

I'm going to slum and get the B100 stuff form Goodyear - part#'s 65153 and 65152 for half the price - figure that'll be better than the rubber stuff that's sweating WMO like mad on me....

you don't need any of that for what you are doing - i have been using the regular old Gates nitrile stuff from napa for 40K miles on wvo with no problems and wmo would be no different. Only when i was starting up with B100 did i have problems with the Gates stuff so i switched to the goodyear fuel line and no problems.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
you don't need any of that for what you are doing - i have been using the regular old Gates nitrile stuff from napa for 40K miles on wvo with no problems and wmo would be no different. Only when i was starting up with B100 did i have problems with the Gates stuff so i switched to the goodyear fuel line and no problems.
what is writen on them? SAE30R7? or SAE30R6?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This stuff you're suggesting is fairly cheap - can be had for like $3.00/ft.

Now, I hope you take no offense to this - but how is it that you're the only one on the 'Net saying this? Trust me I want it to be true!

I won't take any offense, this is a new and very controversial topic and no offense to anybody on this list, but the information I am forwarding comes from some folks who make it a full time job to make sure what works with what.

This should legitimize the fact the I am not the only person on the 'Net saying this:

Attachments

• PIB-06[1].009.1 - CARB Hose & Biodiesel.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 10

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is writen on them? SAE30R7? or SAE30R6?

it is just the 30r7 and it is very inexpensive - a little more than the gates but not much more. In fact, on my 87 step van there is a short length of it from the steel fuel lines to the tank pickup in the diesel tank and i ran lots of b100 in that tank, and even as old as the fuel line was there were no problems at all - only with the gates so i replaced it with the same stuff.
To sum up: viton is a major waste of money.

Paul

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, surprise. Went to Advance Auto Parts - who I'd called previously to inquire about hose and was told they didn't have it as early as yesterday - I asked them to bring up the reels - and wallah! Dayco Gen-2 J30R9 for ~$4.00/ft can't beat that!

Hard to find good help these days, every time I call a corporate auto parts store for information I regret it. The tractor supplies are so much better, those old timers can smell an oil sump fitting and tell you what make, year and what oil you ran in it! :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, surprise. Went to Advance Auto Parts - who I'd called previously to inquire about hose and was told they didn't have it as early as yesterday - I asked them to bring up the reels - and wallah! Dayco Gen-2 J30R9 for ~$4.00/ft can't beat that!

Hard to find good help these days, every time I call a corporate auto parts store for information I regret it. The tractor supplies are so much better, those old timers can smell an oil sump fitting and tell you what make, year and what oil you ran in it! :)
the corporate stores won't pay a livable wage to knowledgeable help so you get what you get. I left the parts and machine shop business with 15 years of experience. Been approached by CSK twice last year and they still couldn't come up with a salary I can live on in Kali. Besides, I like doing what I do now. Managing a CSK store with kids who's only interest is to collect a paycheck and steal parts for their cars has a low appeal to me.