WMO/WVO Fuel Line Prices OMFG

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Hrm, check this blurb form my install instructions for the VegTherm:

If you are running biodiesel as your start-stop fuel, and thus want to replace all the fuel hose to and from your start-stop tank, and would like the best price we've found for the High Pressure Fuel Injection Hose SAE J30R9, or have trouble finding it locally, call Dan's Auto in Petaluma, California, 415-663-8448, and ask for their part number 80090.
That's their # for a box of 25' of Dayco 3/8" SAE J30R9, and as of this writing, it's $4.05/foot plus UPS charges.

Hope this helps whoever comes aftger me...

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
Clear reinforced plastic hose

well it has been about three weeks running from the fuel pump to the heat exchanger running wvo (mega filtered with stabil and marvel 5%Kero) and the clear plastic line is still as strong as the expensive lined rubber hose from Auto Z.
So again do you think maybe spending the big bucks is worth it?;Sweet

Last edited:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Let's talk in a year or two :)

well it has been about three weeks running from the fuel pump to the heat exchanger running wvo (mega filtered with stabil and marvel 5%Kero) and the clear plastic line is still as strong as the expensive lined rubber hose from Auto Z.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PVC will not last in your application, most likely you will cook all the plasticizers out of it and it will get really hard, maybe break going down the road on a really cold day. I'm all for saving monies, but probably not in that application.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope for good luck anyhow, I'll be interested in seeing how long it lasts.

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
THANKS!

Well just for safety I will defenetly have on standby some of the right stuff, heck I did everything else but just ran out! but I will watch it and let you all know how long it lasts.one thing I would say is that just plain rubber is not a good idea!

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
Im gathering my filters today for my prefilter duties in order to run my truck on WMO. Are you guys saying I need to replace my fuel lines to run on WMO? I know you need to change them for WVO, and I will eventually get to the point where I hope to run either/or, whatever I can get my hands on at the time. But do I need to change my fuel lines just to run WMO? Help me out guys.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Why not give us some more information about the vehicle you're hoping to run wmo in?

Im gathering my filters today for my prefilter duties in order to run my truck on WMO. Are you guys saying I need to replace my fuel lines to run on WMO? I know you need to change them for WVO, and I will eventually get to the point where I hope to run either/or, whatever I can get my hands on at the time. But do I need to change my fuel lines just to run WMO? Help me out guys.

ford5.9

ford5.9
Reaction score
I plan on using my 1993 Ford diesel 5spd that has a 6.9 out of a 1986 Ford. Then if things go well I'll run it in my 1994 Ford with a Cummins5.9 and my other 1992 with a 7.3. All 4wd crewcabs. My 93 has probably around 180K miles, good IP, injectors. I will use one tank for my blend and the other for staight diesel, in the event the mixture is too thick I can switch tanks.