WIRING QUESTION

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 1989 extended cab f350 DWD I need to know if the truck is wired from the factory with rear speakers, even though there none there. The factory radio is the same as in the bronco with rear speakers so the radio is good to go. But I dont know with out opening up my dash or interior as to what is in there. I would like to buy a stereo system and make a weekend of it with an install but need to know whats in there.

Thamks for the help.

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i assume it should have at the very least the wires, gimme a few minutes here, ill head out and get the colors for the speakers on my 89, its a bko, but should be the same

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Orange

Left being the drivers side

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 89ieselbko I assume you have a 89 f350 like mine. I plan on putting speakers in the rear side pannels next to the jump seat. I dont mind the cutting to put them there, just wanted to know if the factory wired them there. I never saw a factory speaker there before?

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way 89ieselbko I just noticed you have the same color wire for 2 speaker connections. It doesn't really matter when I take out my radio I can just look at the wires. The important part is knowing there are rear speaker wires going to the rear of the cab next to the jump seat

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wires may..or may not be there....50/50 chance...pull it apart and look...if there great...if not gotta install some so be prepared to do so when you install speakers and you will be AOK!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac