So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The Blue Truck and I spent some time with Scrappy today. She looks a little bit different now. The engine may not be savable. I was told that it turned 1/4 turn either way. Well not anymore. It was leaking oil out of the crankshaft holes where there used to be a flywheel bolted up so I knew that it was full of oil. The first thing I did was to drain the oil. I pulled the drain plug and nothing but clear water came out for 20-30 seconds. Then the oil/water sludge started coming out. I got the hood off, the core support off, and all of the accessories off before the oil slowed to a drip. I did get a bonus though. There was still a 6" DeWalt extension and a 1/2" deep Snap On socket stuck to the top starter bolt. I found another socket inside, but it's so rusty that all I can tell about it is that it's a 6 point and 3/8" drive so that doesn't really count. I know that there's a few members on here who will approve of the engine pulling method. I pulled out some interior pieces, the glass (except for the cracked windshield), a dew other odds and ends. Then it came back to town because the other guy at work wanted to make a trailer out of the back of the frame. Now she's all ready for her last ride next week to the scrap yard. I would have done this earlier if the guy would have just made up his mind on the trailer instead of saying yes-no-yes-no.

Attachments

• 102_4499.JPG
    102_4499.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_4500.JPG
    102_4500.JPG
    361.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 102_4503.JPG
    102_4503.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 102_4504.JPG
    102_4504.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 8

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a bit of sporadic no start issues yhe past couple days but just turned out to be a loose ignition switch… bolts mustve lossened up a bit since servicing the clutch bracket recently.

Its really good to start with "did any of these parts get touched recently" when beginning any troubleshooting.

and greased up the driveshaft u joints for fun

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO ....

Can we see a better pic of your grapple on the loader bucket..?

Looks pretty nifty...

By the way...that is one nice tractor...just my speed...

If I was not so enamored of my little guy I would be jealous...but still...I'll bet you get a lot of utility outta that machine...

Have a great Sunday.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO ....

Can we see a better pic of your grapple on the loader bucket..?

Looks pretty nifty...

By the way...that is one nice tractor...just my speed...

If I was not so enamored of my little guy I would be jealous...but still...I'll bet you get a lot of utility outta that machine...

Have a great Sunday.
No I can't because it's not my tractor. In fact the poor guy driving it almost got a hernia from trying to turn it around in my yard because the power steering doesn't work. That wouldn't fly if it was mine.

WMO4IDI

Reaction score
Today I finally finished installing my new homemade heated mirrors with fancy flashers on 'em. The truck had flimsy "west coast style" Amazon mirrors when I bought it so I made new 18ga housings.

You must be registered for see images attach

I used a 6.5ft heating wire instead of the original 3ft & installed 3 wire LEDs on the front. I glued a 40°C thermostat on the mirrors just in case & made new stainless bottom brackets as well to replace the factory aluminum ones.

I found 5$ sequential flaher relays online so I decided to have a bit of fun. Video link

The heated mirrors are controlled by a timer relay that controls a 5-pin relay feeding them. 10 mins on, 4 minutes off. It's beneath the glove box, from left to right: 6 fused relay box (controlled by dashboard), the timer relay & the door lock relays. I just need some fabric harness tape & I'll clean it all up.

Which means I'm finally done with my dash re-wiring & can finally move on to doing much needed bodywork. Thinking rat rod satin black...

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I finally finished installing my new homemade heated mirrors with fancy flashers on 'em. The truck had flimsy "west coast style" Amazon mirrors when I bought it so I made new 18ga housings.

I used a 6.5ft heating wire instead of the original 3ft & installed 3 wire LEDs on the front. I glued a 40°C thermostat on the mirrors just in case & made new stainless bottom brackets as well to replace the factory aluminum ones.

I found 5$ sequential flaher relays online so I decided to have a bit of fun. Video link

The heated mirrors are controlled by a timer relay that controls a 5-pin relay feeding them. 10 mins on, 4 minutes off. It's beneath the glove box, from left to right: 6 fused relay box (controlled by dashboard), the timer relay & the door lock relays. I just need some fabric harness tape & I'll clean it all up.

Which means I'm finally done with my dash re-wiring & can finally move on to doing much needed bodywork. Thinking rat rod satin black...
This is freaking awesome!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fired Wally today....well back that up. Sub grading happening today after last summers debauchery. Needed a place for lots of fill dirt to be dumped.

Plan made, Wally and my burb need to be moved. Hook batteries up and my ‘91 burb fires right up...

Wally.....nothing.....doesn’t even click. Hook up my “intelligent” charger and says bad battery. I clean connections and get things to charge. 25% juice in both batteries (been 4-6 months). Go to start...nothing.

Annoyed wife brings down pickup and just gonna pull it out of the way. Hop in Wally and moved the column shifter.....van FIRES even without a GP cycle. (60F and humid)

I turn on the AC to cool my temper. Love the R12.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No pictures, but I did haul Scrappy off today. That crazy thing still weighed 2140 lbs.! After I'd driven 3 or 4 miles down the road, I remembered that it had sat windowless during the HEAVY rain that we got Saturday night with the carpet and driver's seat still inside. So there was probably at least 300 lbs. of water to help out the total weight. LOL

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @chillman88

I want a rematch with that deer.

Howdy howdy I’m not from Texas but I sure as hail look like I am :joker:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa....

I wish that I could have been a fly on the wall and seen that...

Truth sometimes is stranger than fiction...

My Girl is one to always be in motion, too....

Makes life interesting...
I worded that badly, she was in great spirits, I was the annoyed one, not her. But she got to practice 4-lo with rear locker engaged. We aren’t a muddy mess, but we are really soft right now.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a rematch with that deer.
That is one beautiful truck...!!!

It is funny that I was thinking about adding something like that front end to mine, as well...recently...

but my truck will never look as good as yours...you have the best aggressive stance I have seen, yet...!!

I dare anything to try to stop you...

Let's see some more pics from different angles..?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online