Wicked Wheels

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
With all these OT at work I've been getting, I should buy one, but it would prob sit on my shelf for awhile before I ever had time to install it.

That being the case i still may buy one as I'm just glad to see aftermarket support for the IDI and want to support it

7.3IDIT

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to get one just to see if there is a difference at all

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go for it and let us know what happens. I've got the 093 and sure wouldn't mind a faster spool up.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never messed with my turbo or any turbo for that matter, but looks to be simple install am i right? i may have to try and save a few $$$ to do this soon... was about to sell my truck for something newer but mine has 280k on it and many trucks 10yrs newer have the same damn mileage so i guess its time to start tinkering with mine now and fix the little odds and ends and deal with it for a while longer..

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Price could have changed, but a year or so ago it was I think 500

Last edited:

Black dawg

Reaction score
no idea, but it is still 1/4 inch smaller than the wheel I use so???. It is shiny though.

Yeah, but with a name like "wicked wheel" it probably adds power even if you only put it in the glove box.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Would be nice if they made a wheel for my Banks non wastegate. I know type4 does a improved wheel and compressor housing mod, not sure what ballpark he charges though and inconvenient to ship to opposite coast. I suspect when I get rid of the slushbox and put a real trans in it may leave more to be desired, but I also suspect my pedestal and up pipes won't work with a ZF so it may be a totally different turbo at that point and no sense putting money into this one when it works well enough for now.

Is the 093 setup the way to go for good fit and easy improvements like wheels, different turbos, intercooler plumbing, etc.? I do like the more compact and simple exhaust plumbing it has.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you find only the 093 turbo, remember I have new up pipe castings and pedestal

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
ive got a complete factory 093 turbo kit sitting here i are not using..... just throwin it out there.... pm me if interested with an offer it has no play in the shaft on the turbo, and came off a truck that had 184xxxkm on it its cherry