wicked wheel on 093 kit

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black smoke = high egt's and wasted energy. If you can push more air into the engine, that will eliminate most of the black smoke while gaining more hp, efficiency, and overall engine longevity. Jason, I think the WW2 wheel will help reduce overall egt's and help clear up the black smoke. It is, however, somewhat normal for a turbo-ed engine to emit black smoke until turbo builds boost. If you have heavy black smoke under WOT while turbo is pushing max boost, this is a good indicator that you need to introduce more air into the engine to compensate for the heavy fuel output.
I think you will be fine with the turbo upgrade and junior moose IP. Mel builds an awesome line of moose pumps and stands behind them.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Uh we got 8 trucks total lol and once I build an engine I don't plan on hardly any smoke when the turbo lights up. I actually didn't turn mine up my dad did while I was gone gettin stuff for home he changed the ip and maxed it out.i only told him turn it up alittle bit.oh well I just watch my temp guage.i just ease on the pedal pullin stuff lol

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i cant wait to order my pump and a ww2. yea i agree and i need the power to pull the sled and the junior moose pump should provide me with more then enough fuel for the 093 kit

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I only even like blowin smoke for pics pretty much or like when I take off I blow smoke but I don't like smokin people out an stuff like that.it is useful on tailgaters to.so are my backup lights [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome! good work. i only had 3 and ones gone now. its easy to want to turn the pump up all the way on these motors im tempted all the time to do it....

Unless you plan on getting pistons ceramic coated, maximum egt's should be kept at 1150 degrees F or lower. Anything above that will soften/melt the tops of the aluminum pistons which could potentially turn into a costly engine rebuild. This is why it is very important to install a pyrometer....which I know you have on your rig ;Sweet

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea my old one was on the downpipe as you know but for the new motor i drilled and tapped my manifold for a better reading.

Excellent. Tapping a hole through the exhaust manifold and installing thermo-couple in that location will give you the most accurate egt reading.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... Wheeere IS Mel with that one that went back to the builder?
Brian may be mule #2,?!
There is a thread some where I know it.

So, yes. I did send our eval unit back, and they checked it out thoroughly. What we determined is that there are variations in the compressor housing casting that can result in the wheel rubbing. One of the things the wheel does to improve efficiency is to close up some of the air gap. Soooo... a little sandpaper on the compressor housing where it rubs will take care of it. Quite a few have since been sold, and we've received no complaints. I've yet to have a chance to run one myself, so I have no personal observations on the performance. Now that the weather is getting into the 70's more often, we will start doing some dyno experiments with the Moosestang.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good man!
Thanx Mel
Look forward to the testing, mainly egt.