why wont the cummins break?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Take an FA Day as I call it... (forking absent)... Heck I'm having one of those today as a matter of fact...

I have a very good way of keeping the snow off the windshield while the truck is at home... I park in the garage - I find that this works wonders and it works for those rainy days as well.

bentwings

Reaction score
Dam, I went out to Fleetfarm and got 2 scrapers, a broom, a long handled brush, 2 gal of washer fluid, a small plastic shovel and a set of chains. $165 bucks.

You mean all I would have had to do was drive into the garage?? ;Really Never thought of that. :rotflmao

I don't know what I'll do if anything breaks on the truck. It will probably take me a week to gather up a socket set and a couple screw drivers.

The last thing that went down was a lift pump, 2 1/2 years ago and 45,000 miles. Have a spare and the tools to change it however.

Like working on a 40 Ford coupe. (not old enough to have had a model T that wasn't restored :rotflmao ) easy.

Already took my winter day off. :eek:

2500cummins

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with anything but shop dust on my windshield -cuss Since last Feb. (about 35k miles) front brakes ruined from a stuck caliper, rebuilt transfer case (the "Mopar" rebuilt case installed under warranty failed after only 25k miles), rebuilt trans (lost 5th gear), lift pump, rear wheel seals, new steering box, and a track bar cookoo
While I was installing the new clutch I noticed the vacumm pump and the brake booster were both leaking and fuel pressure is down to 6psi at wot-cuss
My 76 dodge had less problems from 150k to 300k than this truck has from 0 to 145k, I would switch brands but the two Fords I use for work have been just as bad and my inlaws last two chevys made my Dodge look reliable :backoff

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2500cummins said:
I don't have a problem with anything but shop dust on my windshield -cuss

My 76 dodge had less problems from 150k to 300k than this truck has from 0 to 145k,

Its so quiet in here now you could here a pin drop.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
95_stroker said:

Testament to the reliabilty and durability of the Cummins powerplant. ;Sweet ;Sweet I used to own one... but dont anymore (job loss forced that sale) and I still havent gotten another one. But I do check in now and then. Pretty much the same thing I do for TDR too... check in every once in awhile.

2500cummins

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Sorry Cummins guys :sorry: I read the credit card thread then had to make a payment on my card bill for the trans kit and Southbend 6speed clutch conversion :frustrate I wont stray again, I promise :hail
Now I know how a 6.0 guy feels "I really love this truck and I'm sure its all fixed now" :D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace my tires at 45k on my 03. put on the bfg 285 70 r17 in black wall on stock chrome rims... first major problem.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots and lots of u-joints...i just replaced a rear shaft u-joint on an 05 2500 with only 27k the other day...i now work at an independant shop and the guy would rather pay me to do it than take it to the dealer. sweet...nice to see some of the guys follow you to an independant where they have to pay for service. even though its cheaper...the other day i actually repaired the front driveshaft cv joint...at the dealer we replaced them...never fixed em. saved that guy over 500 bucks.

thumper 549

Reaction score
lets see wont break......rebuilt engine at 110000..now trans is out at 140000...and there have been injector, clutches, fly wheels,..to name a few...wont break ???? been broke and is breakin me

rubberfish

Reaction score
15,000 kms around 8-9k miles I guess.
Clutch, turbo, intercooler boot, u-joint.
Probly more **** I don't remember right now.
Oh well,,,,,could be worse eh?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online