Who needs a block heater

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a deal on some NOS Zero Start block heaters the other day and thought immediately of the good folks on a couple of these boards who have been so helpful to me.

I picked up one for myself + 4 spares (that's all the guy had) I figured I can pass on a good deal to people here on the board.

They are Zero Start brand, 1000W, and top quality - made in the USA. Brand new in original pristine packaging with instructions.

Very similar to this one on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-6-2-6-5-L-Diesel-Chevy-GMC-1000w-Engine-Block-Heater-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c218de4bQQitemZ110630592075QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
For a lot less money.

A couple of them are already sold but I have two left. $35 each + actual shipping cost to the first 2 people to request one by sending me a PM.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'm not trying to burst Your bubble.

The 7.5' BH Cord part # 3600010 is $24.00 at Oriely's.
The new 1000 watt (oem wattage) heater part # 3100043 is $44.00

Last edited:

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to burst Your bubble.

The 7.5' BH Cord part # 3600010 is $24.00 at Oriely's.
The new 1000 watt (oem wattage) heater part # 3100043 is $44.00

LOL! How's that bursting my bubble? You just posted that the same thing I'm offering for $35 costs almost twice as much ($68) at Oriely's.

Sounds like you're agreeing with me that these are a really good deal....

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm, the BH is $44.00 and comes with a cord

Ummm, OK, so then why did you post the cord as a separate part?

Not that it matters - at $44 the block heater you posted is still 9 bucks (over 25%) more than these...

Last edited:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I'd like one but really in florida with good batteries and glow plugs they're really not needed. I used to have one on the old engine, but the new engine came with some clay crap in the hole for the block heater. The clay was to be used for warranty. If the engine blew up and the clay was melted they'd know you overheated the engine somehow. I had to leave the clay crap in there to keep my warranty. Then eventually just decided I didn't even really need the block heater after the warranty was over. The last time I kept my truck plugged in over winter my dads power bill was like.. $600 dollars and he couldn't figure out why. Then I kinda put two and two together and figured out it was me :eek:

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like one but really in florida with good batteries and glow plugs they're really not needed. I used to have one on the old engine, but the new engine came with some clay crap in the hole for the block heater. The clay was to be used for warranty. If the engine blew up and the clay was melted they'd know you overheated the engine somehow. I had to leave the clay crap in there to keep my warranty. Then eventually just decided I didn't even really need the block heater after the warranty was over. The last time I kept my truck plugged in over winter my dads power bill was like.. $600 dollars and he couldn't figure out why. Then I kinda put two and two together and figured out it was me :eek:
WOW! You guys must have some outrageous electricity rates! I can't imagine you'd need one in Florida more than a couple of times per year anyway - at least not in a normal year...

I started mine with the block heater plugged in for the first time the other day. It was only in the low 40's, but I wanted to try it out. I plugged it while I dumped veg oil out of cubies into poly drums to take to the bio co-op. After only a couple of hours plugged in, when I went to start it I swear it fired up before it even completed cranking over one full revolution! Amazing! And yes, the heater was warm pretty much immediately. Very NICE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online