who has installed a new shifter knob?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks nice the billet thing is really sweet

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the one of my t case. When some one else drives my truck they get a confused look when they go to look for reverse.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I took my S10 shifter, and welded a piece of 1/2" bolt onto it, ground it all down flush, painted it black. Then I bought a chrome skull shifter with the push button light up eyes, and tapped that with a tap. A little blue thread locker made sure it wasn't coming off.

If and when I convert my truck to 5 speed, the T case and 5 speed sticks are gettin' the same treatment!

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
i have one off of an old t case too, but it doesnt stay put and im not gonna epoxy it there if i can get something close to the real deal.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you get the t case shifter off? im trying to replace mine

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no just the knob off the shifter i want to replace it with a lighted red skull

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
that i couldnt tell you, ive never had the pleasure of pulling one off

you could probably take a large adjustable and put it under the shank where the knob is attached to the shifter, then drive it off with a BFH

or since its heat sensitive, soak a towel in hot water, then put it in the microwave til its steaming... then wrap it around the knob for a little bit. mind your hands if you decide to use that method.

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
scored a nice "correct" (with OD instead of 5) knob at the junkyard today... even still had the splines in it! boiled 'er up and slid her on good as new.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i havnt got my shifter off yet but my dads a machinist an has access to all kinds of lathes and cnc's but how do i get it to say ford in it??

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
you would need to have a program for it...so the knob would have to be drawn in some sort of cad system

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Machining a Ford logo in something that doesn't even have any flat surfaces on it is definitely CNC territory. Or you could just buy a Ford sticker..............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger