White trash with money

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Finally got my 18's on, lot of mixed opinions so far. I personally like the old truck with nice wheels look. What say OB?
You must be registered for see images attach

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents, but, they don't look right on a slant nose Ford.

But, with that said, it's your truck.......... if you are happy with them and like it, who cares what I or anyone else thinks. Enjoy them.

Heath

Last edited:

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them personally, give the truck some character! That being said, i think if they were blacked/gunmetal colored they would look better, as your truck looks rough and slightly out of place with the nice rims.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
After this summer when the tires are done im going to pull them off and have them powdercoated, figured id just run em for now

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know what you mean :) i do like them, just worn looking truck + chrome seems out of place... maybe that's just my central PA farm country upbringing coming out.

Then again im shopping for wheels for my bko... swapping to 1 ton axles and i cant find a good looking set that isnt all chrome.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Place up here said they could probably do them for $35 a piece or so, havent looked at all the options yet

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got quoted local to me *central PA* for around 50 a rim, depending on the color i wanted a set powder coated. Those were for a set of 17s off my wifes explorer.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like 'em as is! I've always like chrome on most anything..... shiiiiineeeeeey..... ooooooh aaaaaahh.

Of course, I live in Klownifornia where there's plenty of older vehicles with some pretty flashy wheels. Being near the border, we don't paint our vehicles, but adding wheels maybe with spinners creates a whole new look. LOL I can see an ole brickie with spinners and low profiles.... not exactly the manly look. Emasculating even the truck, but straight chrome.... looks good.

Never been a fan of powder coating. On the marine side, with all the salt air and moisture, once the finish chips even a little bit, the PC seems to come off in sheets....especially on aluminum. Epoxy paint does far better, with the appropriate primer. Save the PC for dune buggies and desert tortoise....eerrr.... I mean car haulers.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Looks great Hyde -Drool. I've been wantin somethin like that on my truck but my new wheels and tires will do

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JMHO, but those rims scream "ricer" to me. Not my cup of tea...but, it's your truck and you're free to do what you want. But, you asked for opinions... :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online