Which Chip?

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I've narrowed my choices down to DP, TW, and PHP. Anyone run these or have experience with them? I've read up on them but want more personal opinions.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DP Tuner. Ive got that in the Excursion and it is by far the best chip I have ever dealt with. Ive driven in other Powerstrokes that have various chips and its not even close. You won't be disappointed with it

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my tunes are a few years old and i dont know whats out there now.

ive been runnin the TWildman programs and love them!ive ridden in trucks with dp and others and didnt care for them.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
tjl's truck and mine are modded VERY similar. He has DPTuner and I have Tony's tunes. We are neck and neck on the dyno. Tony can be hard to get a hold of(I would use one of his vendors). Jody and Diane @ DPTuner are great people. I think Jody uses a little more timing in his tunes which make the engine a little louder. Bill at PHP is one of the original turners of the PSD's. I've been thinking about trying Bills tunes, just to see.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would stay away from DP tuner. The EPA has hit him hard and he is now tuning way to conserativaly for emmision reasons.

Look into swamps, Beans, TW, PHP, or Gearhead.
THEY ARE ALL GOOD

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Keep the comments coming. I havnt looked into beans, swamps or gearhead. Any particular style of chip to run? For example DP has the f5 and f6 chip and php has the new FU chip.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the F5. From what I understand the difference between that and the F6 is the F6 can accept new tunes via you're computer and a USB. I dont know about the differences beyond that, give Jody a call, he and Diane really are great to deal with. Even if the TW tunes were the same(not saying they aren't good, I don't know), I'd go with DP simply for the customer service.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quess you never seen the truck that burnt cuz of thier hacked hpop system?

a swamp truck has never impressed me.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tryingto find it again.everything im finding is after the fact where they are saying it was installer error wich it wasnt.it was the wrong size fitting on the wrong size house with a crappy crimp.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iirc it was 2 or 3 trucks burnt from it.i was involved in the postings about it over there but you wont see my name in any of them due to me asking that my posts be removed from that site.

dont matter if its only a chip.do you really want to buy from somebody that screwed up,burnt a couple trucks and tried to side step away from being responsible?

i wouldnt and that the reason that not 1 thing in my truck came from them hacks