Where to hook up gauges?

suv7734

Reaction score
I got everything good to go except for the oil pressure. I cant figure out where the sending unit is:dunno

The stock sending unit is a real pain to get out (located at top-rear of block). The easiest one to get to is the one at the left-rear of the block. It is 1/8" NPT thread.

Here's a pic (the elbow and braided line behind exhaust).

Attachments

• oilport.JPG
    oilport.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 16

Preems14

Reaction score
Im still having troubles finding where the oil pressure goes..... I found the one from the photo above but it wont come off so far and i just gave up tonight so if anyone has any good ideas im ready to listen

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you found the one on the top rear of the block? that is the one i used, i got a 1/8 brass T so that i could run the stock sender and my aftermarket gage. it is a pain to get to but should just unscrew out.

if you have mechanical oil pressure gage i would reccomend upgrading to the copper tubing. the plastic can melt and become brittle and break after a few years near the engine or turbo if you have one. its also reccommended to bleed the air out at the gage to get a more accurit reading. ignore all this if it is a electrical oil pressure gage.

for my water temp i pulled the sender out from the drivers right front of the block. there are some plugs in the head that fit a 1/2 ratchet head you could use but i couldent get mine out so i had to pull the old sender. there is also a post in the center top of the water pump but the temp will be a few degrees cooler than right on the heads.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you found the one on the top rear of the block? that is the one i used, i got a 1/8 brass T so that i could run the stock sender and my aftermarket gage. it is a pain to get to but should just unscrew out.
A "pain to get to"...I liked ******* my hood latch :rotflmao

Preems14

Reaction score
I didnt find the stock sending unit for it i found the one in the picture above and i cant get the bolt out so i figured the stock would be easier to find.....Would it helo to find it if i took my airbox off?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
the stock sender is actaully behind the intake manifold and probubly under your turbo also feeding it, you really got to crawl up on your engine to get to it.

if your truck is turbo it should also be a 1/4 fitting instead of the 1/8 non turbo size.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look in our Tech Articles at the Hypermax turbo installation article, you will see this picture.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online