Where to find Chevy fuel pump block off plate

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far all I found at my local stores like oriellys advance auto and ect are the small block ones where can I get the big block ones or if anyone knows the part number so I can try again? Was cleaning my undercarriage and notice when the PO, did the eletric pump mod he pull the lift pump but didn't block it off ( passenger side looking up past starter right) pretty sure that block off plate is crucial

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Umm with no mechanical pump or block off plate youd have a massive oil leak. That said got mine from Oriellys, also seen them at carquest, autozone, napa, summit and jegs.

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright we'll I'll try and look again tonight/ tommorow for one, I haven't tried napa so I'll try them

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the small block and big block fuel pumps have the same size bolt flange don't they? I'm pretty sure the only real difference is the length of the pump arm. You can run a small block pump on a big block but the lobe only gets the tip of the arm so it wears it off and quits working (an old chevy guru told me this but I have not done it first hand). But I am almost positive bolt wise they interchange.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Summit. Jeggs or Northern Auto Parts plus many other auto parts store chains will have them too. Or make your own from a piece of 1/4 or 3/8 aluminum plate. Make a gasket too.

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did my efuel I looped the lines on themselves with a bit of diesel just in case I need a backup pump on the side of the road

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
small block plate has a rectangular lower section and the top half of a bbc plate...not the same as BBC plate what so ever.

However a BBC plate can be used on SBC if you leave the mounting plate on the block and just add the block off over top of it like a fuel pump sits..

Reaction score
Got mine from Amazon. I ordered both the mr gasket and the spectre. I would recommend the mr gasket because it's slightly larger/wider. Some have had issue with getting them lined up right and not leaking, but being wider should make it less of an issue.

Mike

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Be careful installing them on the block. there is a raised machined lip at the top of the block and if the plate sits on that your sure to have a gusher oil leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online