where to buy ANY kind of used clean oil

j2005

Reaction score
are there any places that sell clean oils? i have been looking for a long time and found places that were selling 3-4 years ago but nothing now...except 20,000 gal from china.

i dont have the room nor the time right now for filtering it myself. i am in the san antonio texas area.

anywhere in the us?

j2005

Reaction score
i guess the question to ask is...does any one on here have any to sell?
if some one does have some for sale, what kind of prices should i be seeing for misc oils?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If I were you, I would put an add up on craigslist. I did that back in Oregon and got lots of responses back. Most were for a couple gallons, some were for some fairly regular hauls.

That was for WVO, WMO, WATF, etc.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i used to have a number to by used oil. i got it from my buddy who used to work at clean burn. some used oil furnace users buy it up if they dont have enough to feed it themselves. my number would only have worked locally any way. that would be were i would start though, a company that makes used oil furnaces or a garage that has one might know.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to fly the ******** flag for not having room to filter your own oil.
why? first check out this thread.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?22935-notes-and-thoughts-on-my-WMO-filtration-rig
second.
you have an 8 foot bed behind your cab. you can either put a camper shell on the bed or buy a in- bed toolbox to house your filtering rig in.
it can also serve as a place to put funnels, rags, and oil asorbent for those pesky accidental spills.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

j2005

Reaction score
ok...what i meant by no room is when i am in the us my wife and soon to be son are homeless. not in your classic living in a cardboard box but in the sense we dont own any property and we are family hopping from one point to the next. space is a premium when you have to lug your **** around with you. i have been thinking of a small filtering setup but trying to find things on the internet is very difficult and to get an idea of size also.

i am hoping to find a good dc motor to power an extra power steering pump i have to push the oil through a centrifuge. this is my goal any way

j2005

Reaction score
ok...my wife is a teacher here in qatar and i am a student. we are only there for a short amount of time so buying or renting a place is a waste of money because we would have to check in and out of hotels constantly so we dont. the truck is our main mode of transportation apart from family driving us around town.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok...my wife is a teacher here in qatar and i am a student. we are only there for a short amount of time so buying or renting a place is a waste of money because we would have to check in and out of hotels constantly so we dont. the truck is our main mode of transportation apart from family driving us around town.
here's the part I don't get. you tell us you're in San Antonio area of TX on the first post, now you tell us you're in Quatar and your IP checks out your story. Where are you looking to buy oil at? I suspect no matter where you are, there has to be repair shops willing to sell drain oil or give it away. you'll have to do your own processing, for at minimum in the USA you cannot buy and pour it into your tank directly. I can't answer for the pollution and road tax laws in Quatar. The parts I bought to build up my filtering system isn't rocket science, so at least you can get started in blending oils for fuel.
good luck.

j2005

Reaction score
here's the part I don't get. you tell us you're in San Antonio area of TX on the first post, now you tell us you're in Quatar and your IP checks out your story. Where are you looking to buy oil at? I suspect no matter where you are, there has to be repair shops willing to sell drain oil or give it away. you'll have to do your own processing, for at minimum in the USA you cannot buy and pour it into your tank directly. I can't answer for the pollution and road tax laws in Quatar. The parts I bought to build up my filtering system isn't rocket science, so at least you can get started in blending oils for fuel.
good luck.

sorry...instead of laying it all out at once, i *****-footed around and now i have to "come clean". as you saw from my ip, i am in fact in qatar. 90 octane gas is around 80 cents a gallon and 97 octane...for my ferrari...is about 1.00 a gallon and diesel is 75 cents and kero is .60 or so. obviously i am not needing the oil here...in fact i have the guy who pumps my gas pour a little out for my homies back home on each fill up.
i no you cant just dump in the oil directly just trying to find some, be it wvo, tranny oil, wmo, any oil.

my wifes parents live in san antonio and mine live in college station. we are going to be driving back and forth all summer long with a few other trips to other cities...ie other relatives...so this is where the need for the clean oil comes in.

i really dont mind setting up a filtering "station" in the truck. i am trying to find the pieces and parts on the webs for this...obviously the whole reasoning behind the filtering and the using of the oil is to save money at the pump...but if the filtering setup costs 6-700 plus...it takes ALOT of driving to make that up. i am also trying to incorporate a solar heater to preheat the oil...the cheap and "hippie" side of me says its a good idea and to cut down the ole carbon foot print of the burnt oil.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my filtering rig you see in the link and pics has set me back a max of $300. yes, it's not as fancy as a centrifuge, but I can mount it almost anywhere in the bed of the truck, in between the bed and the outer panel, or in one of those "pork chop" toolboxes. if space is your concern, you can break down the oil/fuel mix into four five gallon buckets or a 20 gallon boat fuel tank. it's not a fancy system, but ever since fuel went past $4/gallon here, noone's complaining of the low-tech approach when they borrow it to mix their batch.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probally have less than $20 into mine, using 5 gallon buckets a filter and gravity.