Where does the valley drain drain?!

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am fixing my oil leak(or one of them) and am wondering if oil leaking in the valley would end up on the back of the oil pan, starter, etc. In other words, where does the valley drain spit out whatever is draining?

Reaction score
As u can see it doesn't have all plugs in but goes down valley pan, back of motor by oil sender, the yup on to starter lol
You must be registered for see images attach

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Stuck a screwdriver down the hole so u can see where it comes out

All the ones i have seen have a plug in that hole with a 3/8 drive square hole in it and the drain is under the gp controller, atleast the ones I have seen are like that. I may be wrong.

Reaction score
Screws into block with large washer on it to further hold down valley pan, 3/8 drive with a hole in it for drain. see pic

Last edited:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Then the oil/fuel..whatever is in the valley pan, just slobbers down the back of the block. Usually ending up on Your starter.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the above pics show very well the pan plug location. Said plug is needed of oil and anything that drains back there will get into the engine. Nothing is holding the pan down tight to the block area. Do not run without htis drain plug in place and tight with a 3/8 drive wrench. Now for the direction of the draining off fluid. You can see in one of the pics there is a block web and the fluids can only run down the starter side of the engine.Yes... This makes a big mess and its a very poor design. Now for the bad news.... Nobody sells this plug any longer. A few years ago a member needed one and found out ford was not selling them after the last bunch they had....:mad: So I bought 15%
of what they had left in stock. There expensive but I have them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin