Whats this part?

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing my electric fuel pump and being that the line has already been cut and had rubber line on it this should be an easy install. Pump is out - was removing this line off the pump to the filler head and its got a wire on it... Whats it for? Is it a heater?

You must be registered for see images attach

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next question is, do I need it? I'm going to wrap a heater hose around the glass element on the Carrier pump just because it is there. Can I remove it without worry?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That is the fuel heater found on the 6.9 engines. Is it needed and does it work.. We really have not found that out yet but the idea is we don't need it.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut mine out. Colder diesel can cloud.. Not sure if they even work anyway but you could rig something up with hot line to heater core if worried

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut it out, thanks guys. Block off plate had to be ground on to fit and I had to make shorter bolts to get them to get tight...

SearsMech

Reaction score
Installing my electric fuel pump and being that the line has already been cut and had rubber line on it this should be an easy install. Pump is out - was removing this line off the pump to the filler head and its got a wire on it... Whats it for? Is it a heater?

You must be registered for see images attach

Ha! Now I know what that is on mine! PO zip tied it to the A/C condeser line. The steel line running through it is gone. I thought it was some kind of temp sensor for the A/C.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with the new pump, injectors and IP I cold started the truck yesterday in -10*F without it being plugged in just fine. I don't need it-