Whats my truck worth ???

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1986 Extended cab, Long bed. 4x4. C6 automatic. 98,500 Original miles

Truck has TCI deep sump trans pan and TCI Street fighter valve body. Truck will come with EGT, Trans Temp and another one that are listed in my sig. The gauges aren't installed, i have the sending unit for the EGT gauge installed but nothing else. Newer tires.

The only negatives are it has some rust on the front corners of both front fenders, and i haven't adjusted the kickdown or vacuum switch for the new throttle body yet, ive been shifting 1,2,D on the column. The clips in the tailgate handle are broken. The carpet is dirty.

Ask me whatever else you need to know but i dont really know what else to say. Im looking for a crew cab dually with a turbo and a 5 speed and i want to know how much its worth.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
IMHO I'd say it depends where you sell it. In Portland here, it would probably go for 3K. In Central oregon, closer to 4K, maybe more depending on just how much rust is there.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO I'd say it depends where you sell it. In Portland here, it would probably go for 3K. In Central oregon, closer to 4K, maybe more depending on just how much rust is there.

Like i said, the only real rust is on the front bottom corners of the front fenders. Theres some surface spots where paint got scratches and what not.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say what it's worth. It's definitely not a junker/scrap value but I would have a hard time imagining it being worth 3-4K. I paid 2500 for a similar truck(in my sig) but it was 2WD and had closer to 150,000 miles on it when I bought it. I paid the seller another 900 to bring it 27 hrs here from the Texas panhandle. This was going on 8 years ago. In my opinion, look on Craigslist and ebay, or your local paper and see what these things are selling for locally. Set your price about 500-800 higher than what you'd take, if someone offers you your asking price or bids it up great, if not you have room to negotiate and still get what you think you need to get out of it. Good luck.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would say about 2-3k. I paid 3k for my 86 3 years ago and had it shipped back from Oregon(totally rust free)

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If You put it up for sale You'll provably get offers around 1.7k to 2k and could get up to 2.5k, not very good #'s but that is what most of this trucks go for with the exception of a few in very good condition.

I got a rusty 84 f250 4x4 c6 with complete plow for 1.2k and overpaid.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nada says its worth a **** ton. lol. Whats funny to me is that NADA takes 20% from the value because its a diesel. lol.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to deviate from your truck... but i was just curious what you guys think a truck i wanna buy is worth. Its an 85 cc 5speed dually. 4x4. Rusted on the floor pan on drivers side and interior isn't perfect but its not horrible either. Everything is there, just old and dirty in some spots. no major dents, 6.9 with banks runs good. spring in back needs to be replaced. rust on cab corners. Looks nice from a distance, decent up close. What you think?

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I still say it's worth around 3 grand or so at least. It's a helluva lotta truck that's going to run for a long long time.

As for 93fordturbo, I'd say yours is worth close to the same. Someone's done some swapping on it obviously with that 5-speed, but that D60 is certainly worth something, and cc dually 4X4 diesels in 85 are pretty uncommon.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in AZ rust is a price killer, you could fetch 1500-1800 here??? I give a 1000 for mine and it is not uncommon to see these trucks here on CL for 500 to 1200. I dont have any room or I would own a non running rust free crewcab dually that have made a nice SRW, for 300 a month ago.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to deviate from your truck... but i was just curious what you guys think a truck i wanna buy is worth. Its an 85 cc 5speed dually. 4x4. Rusted on the floor pan on drivers side and interior isn't perfect but its not horrible either. Everything is there, just old and dirty in some spots. no major dents, 6.9 with banks runs good. spring in back needs to be replaced. rust on cab corners. Looks nice from a distance, decent up close. What you think?

Its cool man, this thread is about truck values. Yours included. If i knew what to say for that id tell you but i wish i had a banks.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out and bought myself a new grand marquis and have been kicking around possibly selling my truck but I hate dealing with people when they come over and talk your price down into the ground!
Well have to see.:dunno

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up the very same truck, with 110,000 miles, a turbo, basically rust free, last year for $1700. You might get 2500, but would have to market it a while I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online