whats it worth? 7.3 idi f250

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at a 1993 f250 ext cab long bed with 7.3 idi n/a. What's it worth? 240k on truck but engine has 85k. Needs trans has a e4od. What's the truck worth? Needs some body work but that's nothing for me

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Without more info like rust and why the engine has been replaced is nearly impossible to say what it worth. Seeing it needs an E4OD trans and being a rust belt truck I will venture a guess that its worth 100 to 1200 bucks.. Now I feel this may be way off because I can't actually see the truck... Please post some pics for a better value idea.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Well it needs extensive dent repair and rust over wheel wells on bed but I found a few almost rust free beds for 150 at local junkyard. And needs some pieces on the cab corners nothing major. It also has a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires that are like new. Ill post up pics tomorrow

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes they are simply not worth buying at any cost other than if your looking to make some $ for scrap.just be mindful of what your getting into.start with a good one or you'll have thousands into a junk with nothing to show for it in the end.
when they're road hard and put away wet,it's best to just walk away.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it needs extensive dent repair and rust over wheel wells on bed but I found a few almost rust free beds for 150 at local junkyard. And needs some pieces on the cab corners nothing major.

Sounds like major issues to me. $500 tops here.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just trying to find a "bottom value", has anyone pulled a truck like this one to a scrap yard, and what kind of money did they get???
Not saying the pickup is only good for scrap, but just looking for a starting price. The engine looks like a good place to start, 85k.
I know of someone that has a pickup similar in condition, more miles on the engine, this kinda got my attention.

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
well scrap price last i checked was about 250 a ton so you figure the truck is 5-6000 lbs so that would be between $6-750 scrap price so if you stay under that you should be okay.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Here it is. Runs really good sounds good, don't mind bed have another one for it and the bodywork is cake for me. Comes with another e4od trans and other extra parts.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Here it is. Runs really good sounds good, don't mind bed have another one for it and the bodywork is cake for me. Comes with another e4od trans and other extra parts.

It's still a project truck, any way you cut it. I'd add it up like this: Engine runs very well: $500 tops. Rest of truck in scrap: $600. $1100 at the most sounds about right to me. Still haven't seen pictures.:backoff

Hows the interior, steering, leaky tanks? fuel selector valve operate properly? fuel gauges work? Front tires wearing evenly? Shocks in good shape? Floor boards solid? Radiator support rusted through? There are many areas to look over and a money pit is easy to find, I know first hand.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Yeah I know what to look for I buy a lot of trucks and projects but I'm not familiar with the obs idis and what the worth. The rest of the truck is solid and everything works as it should except the power window on pass side. Its really hard to find one that's not rusted and if you do u pay for it unless you travel out west to get one. Ill try to get the pics to sho
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
w up

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Give the radiator support a double check, its really common for them to be rusted out in the snow belt and they are not the easiest thing to source. I see why the truck has your attention now, the lift and tires could be worth the purchase price of the rig, an ext cab xlt has merit as well. A trans shop will charge you about $650 to R&R the E4OD, use that for some leverage on the sale. You are going to do it but your time has a value as well.

I would look at it this way, you are going to have to keep this truck and drive it to get your return out of it. If you pay 16-1800 dollars for it and put another 1200 dollars into it, looks like it could be a nice ride for 3 grand or so. You should be able to drive it for a few years and still get 24-2600 for it in the end.

The key is, it may be a good truck for YOU. That's a decision that you have to make. I am scared of body work, rather pluck engines all day long.LOL I'd buy a body patch panel for the lower ext cab area and cut it in. The body lines and paint would probably never look right again.LOL I'd probably put a flat bed on it to avoid further painting.:rolleyes:

IF the trans in the bed is good and it will go down the road without much more than the trans R&R, I would put a 14-1800 dollar tag on it. Beings you are competent in body work and painting, this truck seems like a good deal for you.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I wouldnt give a cent over $500 for it. Thats about what teh scrap is worth, and if theres extensive rust, price goes down. If you saw what trucks like that go for at dealer /salvage auctions, you would crap yourself. Something in that shape wouldnt go for more than $150
These guys try to sell them to boneyards then after they find they cant get anything, they try to sell high and see if they can get somene to bite. Worst part is those ads show up in papers around teh country and then the cheap ass insurance companies use those figures to value real trucks to total them out instead of fixing them.:backoff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online