What’s it worth?

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy y’all, I’ve got a full motor with factory turbo kit. 94 idi turbo. Something happened to the motor a couple years ago i I thought it seized but I was able to start it up once it cooled off. It’s just sitting now that I’ve swapped it and I need to clear space up.

What do you guys think it’s worth?

I say a factory turbo kit sell on marketplace for like $1500 a couple years ago and a solid tuning motor for $800.

Any opinions?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Was able to turn over after it's cooled? Sounds like it needs the bores machined and oversized pistons installed. Usually when they seize, they score up the cylinders real bad. So at the moment? Probably core cost.
As for the turbo kit, probably 800-1300 depending on the turbo.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Only proving my point. It's unknown if there's cylinder damage, spun bearings, ect. Sight unseen if I was looking for an engine I would only treat it as a core.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't the stock turbo essentially a 093 kit? You can get a brand new turbo and cleaned up ready to go pedistal, pipes, ect, for $1750. Used turbo kits go for less.

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 093.. messed up. And you’re probably right it’s a core that ran. I would never sell it as anything other than that. Perhaps I’ll pull the turbo parts off clean them up and sell them separately or with the motor.

I just hate to see it sit. And I’ve thought about rebuilding it but like most people it might just sit and collect dust for years and years. Don’t want that either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.