What's in your intake?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
So your saying you can take a hose and drop it below the engine where air will pass through and can do away with the CDR valve? Also about putting it into the exhaust pipe I would like more information on this. My CRD is about done, and Id like to know advantages to this and procedure.

I believe a member or two posted several pictures of He's setup. shorhair and dsldogcatcher comes to mind. Ron might read this and confirm but I think He did post the pics.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, even with the road draft tube connected to the Banks type unit, these engines are plagued with not enough crank-case evacuation, thus leading to the all too common oil leaks.

Were I to ever build my old 6.9, I would incorporate vents in the valve-covers, the CDR position, the Banks position, and the oil-fill cap.

Also, I would never drain another turbo into the CDR hole, but weld a tube into the oil-pan for that.

I have seen these engines actually push the dip-stick loose and smoke/vapors puff out for hours after shut-down, hence my belief that they are poorly ventilated.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
In my opinion, even with the road draft tube connected to the Banks type unit, these engines are plagued with not enough crank-case evacuation, thus leading to the all too common oil leaks.

Were I to ever build my old 6.9, I would incorporate vents in the valve-covers, the CDR position, the Banks position, and the oil-fill cap.

Also, I would never drain another turbo into the CDR hole, but weld a tube into the oil-pan for that.

I have seen these engines actually push the dip-stick loose and smoke/vapors puff out for hours after shut-down, hence my belief that they are poorly ventilated.

I didnt even think about that before, but it does make sense. It would appear they dont have enough ventilation, but is to much ventilation bad?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
vents in the valve covers require some sorta baffling.
I had just a 3/4in hose on the valve cover and was loosing ALOT of oil. It gets to flinging at 3000rpms.

one 3/4in hose attached to the timing gear cover and into the cdr made it to where I don't loose any oil between oil changes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle