what would you guys pay for this really help

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id try to stay around 1500 myself. But there's easily 3k worth of upgrades that could be sold off.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above I would run a 7.3 bored .20 over for my truck. But last time I said that someone on here said its all good. I still wouldnt run it there was somthing wrong to have bored it that far I would think. It's not a 2 stroke dirt bike where that would help in power.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not sure whats for sale her. I'm thinking its the complete engine and intercooler but why is the truck in the pics... If its the engine and intercooler I feel 1500 is a fair price. Someone knew what they were doing when they rebuilt this engine and used arp studs but th bore.... Don't like that much but do know of a member that hauled heavy with a 2o over engine for years. The intercooler is going to cost you around 1400 any day of the week too.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing his reserve is somewhere above $2k.

Here's the other side of the coin. How much would you pay me for an engine I had rebuilt and didn't change the oil in for 35k miles? Upgraded turbo, 90cc pump and no intercooler? In a wrecked truck? How many times has the EGT been pushed past what's reasonably considered safe? It isn't like you can take it for a run and see where the EGTs are running. Plus that "turbo diesel" ricer windshield sticker throws warning flags for me.

35k can range from starting to get broke in to ragged out. Go into it assuming the block is an unrebuildable core and all you are getting is the parts. Somebody is probably going to get a deal but if it was me buying it, I'd spend a weekend putting it in and throw a rod on Monday morning :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really no true way to know what the engine has been thru as posted. Neither can we see that it has turbo rods in a turbo block. Lots to think about before buying. As for a non rebuildable block...:dunno Is that simpley a guess or are you thinking because it was bored 20 over its no longer rebuildable. If so any block bored 20 over can be sleeved.. And saved..

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...As for a non rebuildable block...:dunno Is that simpley a guess or are you thinking because it was bored 20 over its no longer rebuildable. If so any block bored 20 over can be sleeved.. And saved..
Of course you are right. I wasn't thinking about sleeving.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Myself, I would be very leary about buying that engine without knowing how many miles on it before rebuild, and why was it rebuilt. With all that work done on it, it should have been sleeved if they went to the trouble of boring it. Hey, there 's good Master Mechanics and then there's Diesel Mechanics. Like said, take a chance at $1500 tops. It's still in the truck, make the trip to hear it run, then another trip after he pulls it. I'd like to see the truck that it's in, how ruff is it?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can hear it run, and maybe drive it....ya might be worth buying..

ONE thing that caught my eye which is a NO NO...

......resized lower end with all new bearings.....

Our cranks should not be ground!!!!

JM2CW

Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.