What will seal the the slip fit on an 093 system?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My slip fit on the turbo drive side of my 093 system will not stay sealed. I've tried all the different sealers I can find and none last more than a week tops. Has anybody used something that will seal this up?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
V bands are the permanent fix, ya could try heavy axle grease( fords fix for exhaust manifolds) mine sooted up solid .

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The up pipe or the crossover pipe? I wire wheel and coat with nickel never seize on every donut and up pipe connection. This is basically like painting the surface with paint that wont rub or burn away. It keeps moisture out and the surfaces from rusting. If its your up pipe, theres not real sealing it. i tried the cermic stuff, didnt work. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. What a difference. I used to see 1psi cruising 60-65mph 2psi at 75mph. Now i see 2 psi at 60mph, and 5-6psi at 75mph. Heres a video of my new up pipes vs old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLeFaTtdsY

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats an outstanding idea'
I wonder how well it handles vibration?!
I pulled apart/rebuilt busted chimneys for a long year once.
Flue goo could MAYBE work( a little gritty) but the above comes in a -+2 oz tube not 20#

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I HAVE WONDERED ABOUT A LAYER OF BRAZING.???

Could work....perhaps???

Working on a deal to secure a spray welding tool amd might be able to address this exact issues for folks...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The up pipe or the crossover pipe? I wire wheel and coat with nickel never seize on every donut and up pipe connection. This is basically like painting the surface with paint that wont rub or burn away. It keeps moisture out and the surfaces from rusting. If its your up pipe, theres not real sealing it. i tried the cermic stuff, didnt work. I just replaced mine a few weeks ago. What a difference. I used to see 1psi cruising 60-65mph 2psi at 75mph. Now i see 2 psi at 60mph, and 5-6psi at 75mph. Heres a video of my new up pipes vs old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLeFaTtdsY

what an awful cheap way to make something.myself,i would never settle with that.id take the works to a machine shop.hand him the parts and say; v-band me.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING WILL SEAL THESE.
YES IM TYPING IN CAPS IN THIS MOMENT IN TIME.
ANYTHING YOU TRY WILL FAIL.
ive tried it all... and failed myself.

these parts wallow out, and there only 1 fix.
contact Russ aka Typ4, for the new castings.

my old up pipe's are like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
i dislike loose women.
now its like....
well, its tight...

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what an awful cheap way to make something.myself,i would never settle with that.id take the works to a machine shop.hand him the parts and say; v-band me.

The new ones seal, i think keeping them coated in 2400F never seize will keep them from rusting which is what makes them loose. I am not sure about v bands, you would nee a flex pipe some how, there's no way you will get the turbo and pedastal lined up perfectly together and keep them that way.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
v-bands on the up pipes are a great idea!
theres alot of work involved with that tho.
it would be nice to do a bellowed up pipe system.
maybe i should attempt this on the bronco!