What was the best looking IDI from Ford series and so forth?

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
This site is getting me kinda hooked on these older diesel trucks, I love my 1994 IDI turbo but realized today I missed an even better deal if I would have started looking a few days earlier. This truck was gone in one day,yes the old one that got away story.

My area really is a dream for small diesel trucks because like I said I am in horse country, Here is what I missed and I am kinda pissed but oh well I love what I have.

It dawned on me that some trucks are much better looking than others when I saw this rig. It was a stock original not butchered up at all 1993 I believe a non turbo because add did not mention it but add was vague also. Pictures spoke for themselves. I mean Like stock Ford F 350 Stock cab bench seat model with the silver and black paint scheme with 200000 miles but so original and clean looking and sold for 3000 OBO.

To me the stock cabs with duals looks much better than the crew or Extenda, in any event this to me is everyday driver pick your date up old school Ford hick mobile. I never really realized a F350 could be so pretty stock and original.

If anybody wants to see it or post it so people can realize how good my area is for used diesels feel free to do so, go to Ocala Craigslist and pull it up. It only took me a couple days of looking in this area to find my rig and it was probably by most peoples standards a great deal but my truck cannot even match the beauty of a unmolested F350 stock cab of the 92 - 97 look with this cool paint scheme.

In any event I really like the 92 - 97 stock cab F 350 for a pretty worker, to me CC are plain ugly.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asking what is best looking is...well...opening a can of worms..it's purely subjective to the one doing the viewing...two people see the same thing and see it differently

BTW please put your truck info into your signature ...

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
I could not figure out how to change my signature, well look at the truck in Ocala. A beautiful cheap date, rare but in my country more common than you would think.

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure isnt 1990 ex cab..I like the old truck...but that divided rear side glass bothers me

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Ok, the best looking truck is a good old brick red 1990 F350. Complete with a pimp red interior. :D

Hey, ugly trucks need lovin too. :rotflmao

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
I thought the slant nose was like 80 to 86? in any event one of these rigs lowered real good with like a 1200 or 1000 HP motor would be the bomb. I imagine somebody has done that and I would like to see it.

Mine is grey interior with fake wood plastic trim and this stupid wooden console for holding coffee in the middle, is that the stock setup with the pimp lights on the inside top ? I know my truck was the top of the line model but the simpler design to me is better with the bench seat rather than the dual seat with the John Wayne center console.

My 94 350 needs about 3 or 4 items to make it factory stock again I think?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya they are technically 80-86 but the IDI didn't get put in until 83 so for our intents and purposes it's 83-86

Sent from my cyborg implant

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
I guess they went to the Nascar look for the aero dynamics in later models.
Obviously my truck is not as stock as I thought. I must be pretty dumb to think Ford would have put a John Wayne wood console in this truck.

Somebody put some custom stuff in this truck and it is pretty ugly but at least it is functional. These mods must have cost alot and are plain hillbilly so you can hold your coffee, I will see about getting some pictures going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online