What to replace on 6.2 before swap?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That'd be cool. And I completely understand keeping it to yourself.

Don't get me wrong, mechanical pumps are cool and easy to work on, but I like having the ability to hook up a code scanner to find a problem, and electronic means of pump adjustments.
I haven't driven a 6.5 with the ds-4, or even a turbo version yet, but I'd like to see how it compares in throttle response and stuff vs a mechanical pump.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Night and day difference on throttle control. 94 and 95 DS4 can get a 6 setting program which it great for making a versitile truck: stock mod, econ, towing, race, stump puller, and security lock on my 95. DS4 can lay down nearly 90cc of fuel right off idle (well real quick) while a db2 takes spinning up the engine to get that, timing also auto corrects by ecm on ds4 and can be set to vary depending on loads while a DB2 has one adjustment and it stays that way.

My DS4 truck can flat out get with the program on take off with the stock turbo and with a good aftermarket turbo w/ correct programing it will still move good off idle all the way to red line (4K rpm on my 95). With stock turbo the vaccum controled turbo system can lower boost to 2-3psi at cruising speeds and help save fuel.

DB2 trucks are pretty crude when it comes to take offs, they are slightly slower off the line but you know they will deliver fuel w/o complaint every time, they are dependable and tend to get slightly better mpgs in my experience.

Ive got 1 of each truck in similar chassis designs and can honestly say I like them both. DS4 for the pep and ability to tune, DB2 for dependability and self adjustable. Problem is Ive neve had both single cab 5 speeds running at the same time and same goes for the crew cab autos. All of them have been in one state of disrepair or another since I got them, case of too many irons in the fire.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hmmm. I just may start shopping for one. The problem is, around here everyone wants an arm and a leg for them, even at higher mileages.