What to buy at a Ford dealership bankruptcy?

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
In the parts department, you might get a good deal on body panels and door/interior parts. Especially early electric window switches or dash pads. Most people don't want to mess with big stuff, they are gold to the right market.

Would this be for pickups? or vans? There are plenty of very good condition junkyard vehicles around here for that kind of stuff. At auto repair shop auctions, even new, it usually doesn't sell, and gets tossed into the trash dumpster.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the tool kit for our engines. TKIT-1983-D6.9 I assume the number would change depending on the year and updated to 7.3 when that engine was released. If you can't look inside the case you won't know if all the tools are there.

Attachments

• DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00233.jpg
    DSC00233.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 35

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Would this be for pickups? or vans? There are plenty of very good condition junkyard vehicles around here for that kind of stuff. At auto repair shop auctions, even new, it usually doesn't sell, and gets tossed into the trash dumpster.

Since I do not know where you are, I cannot presume anything. I was speaking primarily about truck parts, and interior plastic is not always so nice in junkyards, even on a clean 20-30 year old vehicle. The electric window switches are really hard to find for 86 and older trucks.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Since I do not know where you are, I cannot presume anything. I was speaking primarily about truck parts, and interior plastic is not always so nice in junkyards, even on a clean 20-30 year old vehicle. The electric window switches are really hard to find for 86 and older trucks.

Copy that. Interior plastic that the weather and age has deteriorated. Yeah that is a problem in the southwest. I just got new information today that there is a large amount of OEM Ford parts and supplies at this auction. I may buy some for resale,if it goes cheap enough, and I suspect it will. A different auction, today, had lots of high quality shop equipment and they were practically giving it away.

Anything in particular you need?

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the tool kit for our engines. TKIT-1983-D6.9 I assume the number would change depending on the year and updated to 7.3 when that engine was released. If you can't look inside the case you won't know if all the tools are there.

thanks.

I should be able to look inside the cases, but I won't have enough time to research every case number to see if it applies to my vehicles.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a nice complete 6.9 7.3 tool kit. I believe its the first complete kit I have seen too. I hope it has the pic on the lid that shows and tells what each tool is for. I have purchased 2 semi complete kits on ebay for around $140.00. The both were missing the fan nut wrench.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Thats a nice complete 6.9 7.3 tool kit. I believe its the first complete kit I have seen too. I hope it has the pic on the lid that shows and tells what each tool is for. I have purchased 2 semi complete kits on ebay for around $140.00. The both were missing the fan nut wrench.

and the bad part of auctions?? the damn auctioneer and his buddies,,don't watch stuff close,,and people will steal certain items out of those red boxes given a chance...seen it happened,,and turned em in,,filth...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the bad part of auctions?? the damn auctioneer and his buddies,,don't watch stuff close,,and people will steal certain items out of those red boxes given a chance...seen it happened,,and turned em in,,filth...
That's the truth. In 2004 when I sold out at Auction my RV repair service. Someone stole 96 A/C compressor's all precharged with Nitrogen for Ford vehicles, a Lincoln gas engine 250 amp welder/generator with 75 feet of 4/0 and 50 feet of 2/0 cable and 100 ft of 10/3 electric cable.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
yep,

The biggest, most brazen crooks I've ever seen have been at auctions, both bidders and auctioneers. The vultures absolutely **** the newbies, who rarely ever return after getting most of their winning lots pillaged. But, I've been working auctions for 20 years, and know how to defeat their attempts. I have my people watching the lots, and securing them as I win them. I may lose a few $5 lot items, but the good stuff is well protected. Still lots of fantastic deals to grab. Yesterday's auction saw $5000 welders selling for $100-$300. I picked up a $600 pump for $30 and a new 5hp motor for $55.