What is this part?

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been losing fuel prime when the truck sits, well found the leak. Its dripping pretty fast from under this little black cap/wire connector.

I don't have a book for the truck, is it a fuel pressure sensor or something? How do I get it off? the connector doesn't want to budge and I don't want to break something.

thanks,

-Rob

Attachments

• CIMG2440.jpg
    CIMG2440.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 32

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thats a fuel heater.
Non essential in Orlando. I disabled mine sometime ago.
I know there is some orings for it (accesable from the inside) I just plugged mine and silicone'd it from the outside.

on another note:
in that picture, the connection all the way to the left is the fuel line to the IP. next three facing away from the left to right are the fuel filter light sensor (essentially a vacuum switch), next a return line to the #1 injector, and last the schrader valve used to bleed air out of the fuel filter (manually).

I've disabled/plugged that fuel heater, the fuel filter switch, and the return line.
None are needed, and I don't have any air intrustion or fuel leaks.

Best of luck,
Drew

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
O-ring is an international only part... Ford will try to sell you a complete filter head for big money. The part number is 1811053C1 and costs about $2.50 each... Buy two and keep a spare....:sly

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one on my old 94 was leaking too.it was unplugged anyways so i just blobbed it up with slicone and let it sit over night.i had that truck about 7-8 years and i unplugged it way back when i bought it and never needed up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online