What do y’all think?

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on the marketplace. I’ve always been wanting to do an alternative fuel system, I’m a complete novice to the fundamentals.
Does the price sound fair? Of course upon inspection. Any thoughts at all would be appreciated!

spanky1205

Reaction score
I would verify you can get good cooking oil before investing a bunch into equipment. I admit I have not done and exhaustive search but it seems most of the oil is already being taken in my area. It would suck to invest a bunch of money and not be able to get the crucial ingredient.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I never did any asking around for cooking oil. I work for a transportation department so I have used motor oil till the cows come in. But I decided against wmo at least for now...

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use that for wmo settling/batching just as easy. Cone tank would be easy to get the sludge out for wmo before fuging.

Last edited:

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a WVO system for free that I was going to use for WMO. The tanks were covered in WVO gunk, almost like a melted plastic film, wasn't able to pressure wash it off so I gave the tanks away for free. WVO seems like an absolute mess to deal with compared to WMO, though it isn't liquid cancer, so it's got that going for it.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BlindAmbition that was one of my first thoughts: what if all these tanks have a layer of cake on them. And how might that affect them? I figured it carried the potential to be a problem and if you weren’t able to power wash it out then I’d say it definitely can be one.

I messaged the guy last night to see if I could come take a look and he hasn’t responded. Then I noticed the post was 4 months old and I figured it’s gone or not in good condition. My wife sent me the link, I blame her :rolleyes:

Better just sit quietly and focus on getting my IP and injectors put in once they show up. Miss driving my truck around!

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a WVO system for free that I was going to use for WMO. The tanks were covered in WVO gunk, almost like a melted plastic film, wasn't able to pressure wash it off so I gave the tanks away for free. WVO seems like an absolute mess to deal with compared to WMO, though it isn't liquid cancer, so it's got that going for it.
I agree everything I have picked up second hand that is wvo has been coated. Borax(lye) solution has been the only thing I have found to soften and remove that polymerized wvo. I like wmo for ease of clean up and not sticky. Wvo eats through hoses to the point they are sweating out wvo.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cover to the injection pump timing thing (see photos) I can’t remember exactly what it’s called, been nearly five months since I sent the pump in so I haven’t really gotten around to doing much. But yeah, the rtv/sealer for the cover and looks like the bolts too, you guys think it’s just standard gasket and thread sealer? Stuff looks pretty thick.

New pump comes in next week so it’s go time! Gotta get Ol’ Wally back on the road before the vacation planned to the Oregon coast!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my new injection pump and injectors in! Shout out to Classic Diesel Designs for some quality work :sly
Got the injector bores cleaned out, new injectors in, fuel lines blown out with compressed air, and some other cleaning of parts. Still looks odd have fancy new shiny injectors on a dirty ol' engine. I should have spent my downtime waiting for the parts cleaning more but it was well spent with family, getting house chores done, and other important tasks. But anyway, I should probably install a new o-ring on this fitting that goes into the IP at the center of where all the hard lines come in. I'm thinking one of my extra viton rings for the top of the injectors (return line cap stuff) isn't going to cut it. Anyone have a part number by any chance or specs on one? I guess I could always take it into NAPA and match it up but hey, I've got a few minutes so why not post on the ol' forum!
Pic shows the viton ring from my surplus on there from. Obviously thicker than the original but fits snug.
also just realized I posted this on the biofuels page... Not what I meant to do but what the heck, howdy-ho!

Attachments

• tempImagelqAIqo.png
    tempImagelqAIqo.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • tempImageJQ39Pi.png
    tempImageJQ39Pi.png
    2 MB · Views: 4