well thats just great....

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I order a rear seal from rock auto and get the timkin. I didn't know they never actually never made one....I heard its a big block dodge rear seal. Anybody else done this.....egg on my face....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's about as clear as mud to me. Did you get a Timken bearing instead of a Seal for a Ford?

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol...sorry I sent that from my wife's phone. I ordered a timkin rear main seal for my 6.9. My friend told me they never made one for our engine that it was a big block dodge seal..... I got the one with the speedy sleeve if it has a groove in the crankshaft.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats about the oddest thing I have heard in a long time.. Heres the Ford Motorcraft part number. F2tz-6701-a. It has a seal ans speedi sleeve and an installer in the parts bag. International makes one also that they sell.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since a big block dodge has a 2 piece rear main seal in the cap, your friend is wrong.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I wonder how much wrong information our 'friends' give us. I wonder if most of it is wrong. I do know this is the truth. If the old guard tells you something is right or wrong you best pay attention to it.. Or end up paying twice or doing a job twice. There is no forum or shop that can match the hands on experience this forum has.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info guys...don't know what he was smoking but maybe a april fools joke? But when i looked into it, i ordered the wrong one. I ordered a timkin 5066 which is the front seal and speedi sleeve....Thinking about putting it in also, if it aint to bad of a job while its on the stand.