Well I pulled my E4OD

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I split my t-case for the tranny so i can but it on my new tranny. I'm wondering if I need to get a gasket or can I use rtv gasket maker. And want do I need to pull in the t-case, ATF? Oh and if anyone has any lil tip's on this to, feel free;Sweet

Oh and i'm going to wire wheel the bottom of the cab and bed line it. I also want to clean up the tranny, t-case and frame and then paint them. I'm thinking about trying aircraft striper. Has anyone tried that stuff and how did you like it, and will it eat the seals on the tranny and t-case?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Dave, I've always just pressure washed the transmission and transfer case with a good pressure washer or a hotsey and never had any problems making them look like new.
ATF goes in both transmission and transfer case.
The gasket between the tranny and transfer case are all RTV on my fleet. No reason in wasting your time with the gasket. Much easier to put RTV on there.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
How much ATF dose the t-case hold? or dose it fill throw the tranny? I'm not use to these newer rig's lol

sootman73

Reaction score
i think it fills through the tranny but i've always made sure to top it off after getting everything back together. gotta have it at the right angle to know how much goes in plus it usually dribbles/spills some when you lean the t-case and tranny down getting it put back in. and i have always found it easier to put the tranny up with the tcase on. same with taking the tranny out. i honestly can't remember how many times i've done this in the last year. have to be over 15 times. LOL

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
transfer case fills seperate from the tranny.on the back side there are 2 plugs,1 at the bottom and 1 about halfway up.remove the top plug,fill with atf till it comes back out of the hole.should take 2 quarts i think,maybe 4.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this is right? Should I be able to just pull this shaft out?
You must be registered for see images attach

:D:flipa:puke:

I can't believe i'm going to put anther damn E4OD it though cookoo
I hope to find a zf 5speed for it this summer!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I've used aircraft stripper on wheels to remove the clearcoat & gotten it on bare skin while doing it. Burns like a son of a *****. I'm not sure but I'd keep it away from seals & rubber things.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I've used aircraft stripper on wheels to remove the clearcoat & gotten it on bare skin while doing it. Burns like a son of a *****. I'm not sure but I'd keep it away from seals & rubber things.

Yeah i'm only using it on the frame and I'm using rubber gloves ;Sweet This stuff rocks though:hail

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this is right? Should I be able to just pull this shaft out?

:D:flipa:puke:

I can't believe i'm going to put anther damn E4OD it though cookoo
I hope to find a zf 5speed for it this summer!

Yes, the shaft will come right out.