Well found my camper hauler

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Its an 89 cc dually, 2wd XLT good tires, alcoas at least on the outside, very straight and rust free. Has a junk camper on it , 1500.00 but it is a 460 c6, But I have everything but a core support to IDI it. Oh and there is an almost new gear vendors hanging under it;Sweet. SCORE. Picking it up saturday.
Now whats the easy way too remove the ign lock without tearing the whole column apart, seller doesnt have the keys. It was her ex's dads truck and he just packed up and left, and yes she has the title.

Last edited:

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Carefully drill out the key receptacle with a 5/16 bit, about 1 1/4 inch deep. There is even a routine for it in the factory manual. Or you could slide hammer the lock out, like the thieves do. Either way, as long as you are careful about staying in the center, it is possible to reuse the switch, only replacing the key lock.

BTW, nice score.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Needs a good pressure washing but the paint is better than average. And another blue interior, damn. I do need some armrest pads. Looks like they got chewed off.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice score for the price of about half the cost of a new Gear Vendors.... With a creb cab dually thrown in free... Wow.. A diesel core support is easy to find around these parts and they are rust free too. I'll bet towcat has one or two laying around the parts imporium...

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score Russ, you have an IDI already built or you looking for one?

Funny comment about the blue interior: I can never figure out what all interiors aren't grey, black or tan as they'd match almost any exterior color :dunno

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the origninal dealer for the truck is local and still in business, check with them and see if they kept the key cut codes on file. My local dealership kept them on file for about 25 years. If they have them, they should be able to just cut you a brand new set of original keys for less than $10.

Otherwise, take every Ford key you have and see if you get lucky. You may be very surprised when you stick one in and wiggle it a little bit and it turns. The door key from my dad's 91 F250 worked perfectly in the passenger door of one of my friends 93 Mustangs (brand new at the time). Ignition keys tend to be harder to get one to work, but it is not unheard of especially as these get old and worn out.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may try to pick it, I have the tools. also never thought of the dealer.I did order unauls last lockset just in case, and id love to key both trucks the same. I hate a *** of keys.

towcat , sorry, this is the only automatic combo I would ever run, I can build a c6 nearly indestructible, just wish they mated the GV to the short 4x trans thats a long ass adapter.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score Russ, you have an IDI already built or you looking for one?

Funny comment about the blue interior: I can never figure out what all interiors aren't grey, black or tan as they'd match almost any exterior color :dunno

bought a runner for 400 with the front frame half, so I have some mint cab mount brackets I will have for sale for the rust belt group.

Likely wont swap it if the 460 runs ok, till the weather gets better. I am going to move the engine forward instead of raising the cab for turbo clearance, probably use a Dmax vgt turbo since Brandon, my son, left one on my shelf. lol

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, when I saw the pic at a glance, it looked like my 88 F150 when I had the camper on it!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How are you going to run the dmax vgt hydraulics.... I'm kinda wondering how that can be done...:D:thumbsup: