Water leak problem and how much is this truck worth like this.

icemannocal

Reaction score
Any one know where this leak would be, thought it was water pump but I just replaced it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Water leaking out the big round thing.
ATTACH=CONFIG]67406[/ATTACH

Attachments

• 00L0L_bcaWKtC0WOx_600x450.jpg
    00L0L_bcaWKtC0WOx_600x450.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yep, that's your water pump. Lol
Possibly thermostat, but more likely water pump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

icemannocal

Reaction score
Maybe I screwed up the install of water pump, I also replaced thermostat and it's leaking more than before I started this. I really need a brand new truck, what can I get for this as is. Truck is 94 with 113k and body is clean as they come? I don't want to mess with this no more...Interior is almost perfect and just put 2k into wheels and tires last week.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where were ya 2 years ago....
How about some stats?
I'm in at the right price.

icemannocal

Reaction score
Has about a 4 inch lift on 35 inch tires
7.3 IDI with Banks turbo upgrade. Truck has been very well maintained, oil changes done every 5000 miles by previous owner and myself with amsoil synthetic.
I had a vacuum booster problem so I replaced booster, vacuum pump and master cylinder at the same time.
Injector pump was starting to get worn so I replaced with new r&d injector pump, and went ahead and put all new injectors and fuel return line at the same time.
SCA's maintained in coolant since approximately 40,000 miles.

I started to put a Sound system in but it's incomplete. Kenwood kvt Bluetooth deck with 7 inch touchscreen. All the inputs are there for backup camera etc.

Morel Virtus 150 watt RMS front door speakers installed but not hooked up, and front doors dynomatted.

All wiring is complete (RCA, power wire speaker wire etc) and tucked away ready to hook up your amp and subs.
Viper alarm system with keyless entry and remote start.

Brand new Moto Metal 17 inch wheels with brand new Nitto all terrain tires.
2 weeks old.

Dash is perfect with no cracks or scratches, and interior is almost perfect, 1 small blemish on drivers side, no stains or smells always kept clean.
Truck was stored in climate controlled shop until about a year ago.

My wife can't drive it, to big for her and I am going to a new truck. Only having 1 vehicle makes it difficult when thsee things happen.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks swee5...sell it easier wi5h the issue fixed.

Too big for wife?? ***...teach her how to drive it...LOL

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Thermostat bolts need rtv on the threads... At least the bottom one does. It threads into the coolant passage. After resealing my thermostat housing three times I realized it

icemannocal

Reaction score
I had read that before, and youtubed it, on you tube it shows different ones than mine but I am not sure what year truck he was changing water pump on. All my bolts are same size except for 3 I think. I Wasn't sure exactly which one so I put thread sealant on all of them. I guess I just didn't seal up something correctly.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you put the two short bolts in the top two holes, long ones can bottom out on the IP drive gear. Did you use a gasket or just RTV ?

icemannocal

Reaction score
I labled bolts and put them in same spots. I used the gasket that it came with along with rtv. which should I use on my second attempt? A mechanic maybe :)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I labled bolts and put them in same spots. I used the gasket that it came with along with rtv. which should I use on my second attempt? A mechanic maybe :)

Check tech articles..there is a write ups on water pump...and thermostat....clearly indicates some very key points..materials to use etc.

JM7.3CW Eh!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Make sure you dry up any coolant from the ports so it doesn't run down and mess with your rtv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same a few thousand miles after a new water pump install. I found it was the upper radiator hose leaking at the clamp and following thermostat housing down and around