Water in intake

pafixitman

Reaction score
She lives!!!!!!

Plugged her in late last night. Got back to her this afternoon, barred over by hand, installed two freshly charged batteries and hit the starter a few times with no GP's. Installed new Beru's, crossed my fingers and turned the key. Needless to say she smoked and stumbled from having the mix stuffed down the GP holes but fired right up. Idle smoothed out after about five minutes. Just got back from driving around the block.

Next up is a fresh oil and filter change. Then chase down the wiring and get the aftermarket gauges working.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Let me know if you need wire diagrams. I've about got them memorized. LOL
Yes! Erica was standing by the driver's door as she idled and said "What are all those wires hanging down?" Umm.. Remnants of a alarm system, brake controller and a gauge set that was installed, removed and installed again!

The brake controller and alarm are the ones I am worried about. I see more wire nuts than the electric isle at Lowes. I am not sure what was spliced and hacked into. Need to figure out the turn signals also.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do your brake lights work? If not, could be the turn signal switch. Not that uncommon to be broken in these trucks. All tail light function passes through it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Happy to see this rig running once again. Don't know if you fixed the leaky cowl seal but if not please wrap a plastic bag around the air filter can. Tie it tight under this and any rain water that MAY leak past the cowl seal will pool but run off and never get inside the engine again... If you replace the bag often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online