washing advise

mrhorton88

Reaction score
I've changed my fuel filter and fixed my diesel leak and I'm planning on spraying down the motor so I can find my oil leak. What all needs to be covered to keep from getting wet?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm....for me....and I can only speak for me....ensure valley drain is clear it is near the back of intake near cdr.

Cover intake so noatwe gets in there....as for me I soak it all down and steam the whole enchilada off every single bit...over amd over and over till clean.....but that is just my way...bawls to the wall and runn it hard deal with consequences as they turn up

So far...zero failures due to cleaning outside of engine

JM2CW

mrhorton88

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. This is my first diesel and I'm learning as I go. It's had an oil leak since I got it and I'm finally getting around to fixing it. It's all on the passenger side

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I appreciate the info. This is my first diesel and I'm learning as I go. It's had an oil leak since I got it and I'm finally getting around to fixing it. It's all on the passenger side
Sounds like the Valve Cover Gaskets need to be Replaced.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Not too bad the passenger side is a bear takes some maneuvering to get it done the drivers side is easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.