Want to buy.. Eaton Fuller TX14607b Transmission

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 7-speed overdrive Eaton Fuller TX14607b transmission for my DT466 project.

I've looked on Fleabay, but have seen nothing yet. Anybody have one or know where I can get one....... I'd appreciate it.

Heath

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did those come behind those 6 liter for diesel? If so, theres one with ane eaton tranny in the junkyard near me.

I wrote down the numbers on it just need to find them.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
Heath,

Are you sure you know what you are asking for? That is a 1400ft/lb transmission and it is pretty big.
I have one behind my 3406E Caterpillar, it is a great transmission. You will find them in single axle freight trucks like ConWay expresses Ford/Sterlings.

Good Luck.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Captain Morgan,

Yes I believe he does.... He bought a DT466 that he is planning on "installing" into his black truck, and it planning on something like 500+ HP and 1000+ lb/ft touque. This is going to be his DD when he is done, so he is wanting something reliable..... I think he is looking a heavy duty axles, like Dana 80's and possibly Rockwells........

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
Ok gotcha! It is just a lot larger than the medium duty 7 speeds that Spicer uses. It is a bullet proof transmission, trust me. It is going to need a SAE #2 Flywheel housing to bolt to.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captain, yes, it is a heavy duty trans, but Like Snicky said, I've planning on at least 600 (would like closer to 800)HP which will be in the 1200-1600 lb/ft mark. The Spicer 7 or 6+1 is not really rated for much more than 600 lb/ft.
The DT466 I bought has a SAE 2 bellhousing on it, IIRC.;Sweet

Any idea what this EF TX14607b weighs?

I'll need to figure out a viable T-case as well. I'm pretty set on using Dana 80's than have a few heavy parts in them.

Calvin, thanks for the link. I'll give it a good look.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, they have a good number of 7 speeds, but none are overdrives. I really want an overdrive behind the DT since I'm going to use it as a DD.

I'll keep looking.

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heath-
if you have some time, call them. the inventory in the computer often lags due to the lack of personnel entering the info.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a few used ones in Toledo, OH. Hopefully, I can pick one up this spring. When my house there sells.............. Eventually.:mad:

They are asking $1250, I'm going to keep looking for a better deal in the mean time.

Heath