Van turbo in a f-series

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yall just wanted to get some opinions. I scored a free 85' e-350 with a banks non-gated system on it. (The rearend was locked up). So my thought was can i put it on my f-350? I just looked at both instructions on the bankspower site and the two systems look different but they do the same job. Let me know what yall think i kinda want to tackle this tommorrow. Thanks

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thats what i wanted to know. Does anyone know if there is anything to trim on the trans to fit the exhaust in place with the t-19 transmission. i saw trimming for the c-6,zf-5, and e40d.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i finally got around to putting this thing on. The turbo its self fit fine along with the brackets and stuff. The up pipes and single up pipe do not fit to well im gonna have to cut and weld the crossover pipe together to make it fit correctly. I havent even got around to the down pipe but there is ample room it looks like. Another question do i really need the anti depression valve? thanks for the help yall.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got an anti-depression valve? Dayum man, most folks take pills for that ya know ;p

Lol, if you're talking about the CDR system (tuna can on the back of the intake) then no, you don't really need it, you can run a road draft tube (RDT) instead and vent the crankcase fumes directly in the atmosphere like many big trucks do - either way tho, you have to have something that allows the gases to escape from the engine freely.

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL i am med free. Thanks for the help i was just making sure i didnt have to run one before i took some stuff apart.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang. You scored a free engine with a turbo? That IS indeed a score. I hope your not scrapping the engine.....

04_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep a new member of our church saw my truck and he told me that he had a idi van. While i was talking to him he mentioned something about him wanting to get rid of it. I asked how much he said come get it my wife hates it in the yard. So i went and got it. I want to keep the engine and trans but i have no where to put it right now. I dont want to leave it in the weather. It has a new injection pump and injectors in it done by a local diesel shop 8k on the new set. So idk what to do with it. right now it is taking up two parking spots one for the van and my truck getting the turbo put on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online