Where to buy a turbo bumper cutout insert

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need more airflow to my radiator. I want one of those factory turbo/PSD bumpers with the cutouts. Do they sell those plastic inserts? I swear they do but I've spent an hour looking online and can't find them. I'ma get medieval on my boring stock air-flow-blocking bumper with a grinder and a cut-off wheel.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I believe that LMC Truck sells it. They do if I looked at what you're talking about. If LMC sells it, the Bronco Graveyard probably sells it too.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that LMC Truck sells it. They do if I looked at what you're talking about. If LMC sells it, the Bronco Graveyard probably sells it too.
What the heck, I just looked there before I posted. You're right, I looked in the Bronco section and not the Truck section, lol. Thank you!

Billet Grille
I tried one a ways back and it didn't change anything cooling-wise for me. Besides I actually like the OEM grill just fine.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to take my stock 93 bumper and cut it to fit the plastic insert. At the time I got mine from Rock auto (they don’t carry it any more). This is the 93 bumper with insert added. It did make a difference in cooling, a lot more air over the bottom of radiator.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.png
    IMG_1277.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 23

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I got insert & black bumper strap from PNP 15-18 yr ago. Used my plasma to cut holes in my '90 chrome bumper & fastened them on. Helped my fuel milage too.....(at least I hope so hahaha)
How you going to fasten/secure them on?
I don't know/recall what yr the insert came off of. I remember they didn't want to sell me the whole bumper.

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Josh you hot when towing or unloaded?
Yes :rotflmao

Just kidding. Only when towing, sustained EGT's over 900* or so. But I've got a good charge air cooler and e-fans, so I'm dumping extra heat in front of the rad and the fans can't pull their own weight. They are good OEM Windstar fans but that doesn't hold a candle to the mechanical. I'll go back to mechanical if I must but I want more airflow first, see how much difference it makes. My bumper is quite the air dam without holes in it. I may cut my own monster hole and fab a chute for the air. It's tempting. Too bad WA requires a front plate. It's gonna look silly off to one side if I do that.

My trailer is only 4500lbs and I want a setup that can tow that all day up the pass by my house WOT or close to it and not overheat. I want to worry about EGT's not coolant.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to take my stock 93 bumper and cut it to fit the plastic insert. At the time I got mine from Rock auto (they don’t carry it any more). This is the 93 bumper with insert added. It did make a difference in cooling, a lot more air over the bottom of radiator.
Nice that's what I'm thinking! How did you get it to snap into the bumper?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. My bumper is quite the air dam without holes in it. I may cut my own monster hole and fab a chute for the air. It's tempting. Too bad WA requires a front plate. It's gonna look silly off to one side if I do that.

I say put it off to the side. I think it looks like "I need airflow and I mean business" :fight:

If it's cool enough for a Raptor, it cool enough for your warmed over bricknose!

You must be registered for see images attach

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice that's what I'm thinking! How did you get it to snap into the bumper

I got my insert and marked the large rectangles and cut them out. I then touched the rectangle holes up to fit snugly. After rectangles were where I wanted I put lipstick on the tabs that slide through the slots. I pushed it against the bumper and then marked with a sharpie pen. I drilled each end of the slot and then took an abrasive wheel (dremel) and cut slots between drilled holes. The insert snapped in just like the factory ones. My bumper had the black rub strip acrossed it and I cut that (oscillating tool) to match the insert. I wish I had a better picture.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice that's what I'm thinking! How did you get it to snap into the bumper

I got my insert and marked the large rectangles and cut them out. I then touched the rectangle holes up to fit snugly. After rectangles were where I wanted I put lipstick on the tabs that slide through the slots. I pushed it against the bumper and then marked with a sharpie pen. I drilled each end of the slot and then took an abrasive wheel (dremel) and cut slots between drilled holes. The insert snapped in just like the factory ones. My bumper had the black rub strip acrossed it and I cut that (oscillating tool) to match the insert. I wish I had a better picture.
Nice work! Thank you for the explanation, if I go that route I'll be sure to follow suit. Though just cutting a big honking rectangle is sounding better and better... :Thumbs Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online