vague question of the day...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most likely it doesn't. The flash wouldn't cause any issues, it would just return it to stock programming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i appreciate all the help an old school friend's dad is the local powerstroke guru, im gonna take it to him.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
OBDLink MX

Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping you would hit a winning combination.

I've been experimenting with the BlueTooth adapter. Bought a OBDLink MX. It's supposed to be the fastest.
Tried their OBDLink software with it. It worked great with my 2002 Sunfire. Not so much with my Red 1997 PSD, but I am currently running the HP program from an old SuperChips device. It would kill the engine when it was put into monitor mode. :eek::puke: , but the other scanner I have would cause the engine to behave like it having a seizure too. I put it back to the stock program, but the old scanner didn't recognize the PSD. The testing was done with my son's smartphone (Android). He had to leave, so the testing ended. My smartphone is 10 yrs. old, I can't even use Google Play. :p

The wife's smartphone works, but she has no money on it, so can only get free apps. We tested Torque Lite. It did not work with the Red 1997 because of the SuperChips program. The Bluetooth adapter didn't even come on when connected to Grey 1997. Dang, more stuff for me to fix! -cuss
Tried it on the Green 1997 next. It recognised it, but I think all I got was RPM. Very disappointing.

Did some more web research. It seems an app called Forscan might give better results, but it's $4.95. No money on the phone. She doesn't want to put any money on the phone. It's her phone.

I can wait for my son or buy a new phone. I'm about due for a new phone.

This was supposed to be easy... :rolleyes:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
79jasper, I'm not a member of any of the PSD forums.

Thanks for that link! It looks like people are already doing this with Torque Pro. Awesome!

Maybe I should get one of those phablets with a nice big screen.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct. That thread probably has the most info. And yes, people have been using it on the early year trucks.

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. That thread probably has the most info. And yes, people have been using it on the early year trucks.

i dont understand any of that... looks like im officially out of my depth! LOL!

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: My guy told me to drain the fuel filter bowl and get a new filter. Did that, still the same so im dropping it off to him tomorrow and hes gonna look it over monday. Hope to know something next week.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
It works!

Good news everyone! I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet (7" screen) and got it to work with Torque Pro and Car Gauge Pro using an OBDLink MX blue tooth adapter. This a proven combination that works! The tablet is running Android 5.1.1.

I'm just so thrilled! :)

mikepotts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: the mechanic found that the ebpv was stuck in the closed position. So he got it freed up and more power came back. I had him change the oil (it was nasty) and im gonna drive it a bit to see if it helps clear up the miss.... If not, i will take it back to him and he will chase it further.