Vacuum pump

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Posting it here because it's the same pump.
I haven't lost vacuum yet, but I think she's blown.
You must be registered for see images attach

I couldn't find any leaks from anything else. I mean sure looks like engine oil, but nothing near there leaking.
I had noticed something on my windshield the other day. I guess I found the source. Weird thing was I checked my air filter earlier and didn't notice it. Went to recheck the gauge when I got back home and saw this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well it sure appears to be the vacuum pump but I might look a little deeper and see what else may be doing this. It looks like something exploded and spread the oil in a few places. If the seal let go I suspect you have a limited amount of miles before the vacuum pump will freeze up. You may burn orr the serpentine belt if that happens. Use the puller installer tool used to remove the power steering pulley. Trying to grip the pulley with a 2 or 3 jaw puller will ruin it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah she'll probably seize up soon.don't get stranded lol.
good time to go hydroboost and ditch that for an electric.;) (it's much easier spending other peoples money isn't it? :D )

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I could do hydro. Not on the tables at all right now.
Only other thing near it would be the power steering pump. But the fluid looks too dark for that.
I know it's not one of my HPO lines, because well 3000 psi would've made a bigger mess. Lol
I'll take a closer look later while the sun is still shinning.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pressure wash it clean,

and then run it like you stole it!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks like the seal on the bearing failed. No matter.. You "found" the problem. Also I believe I see flexs of metal in the oil???

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Are the bearings tight in the pump. I wonder if you could order another seal and refill the oil if everything is still tight.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pump for my truck and it is leaking oil from the top where those little vent holes are. I actually got one that was for the PSD and it fits fine. Any reason oil would come out the top?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the bearings tight in the pump. I wonder if you could order another seal and refill the oil if everything is still tight.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

i once read a thread on here (a few years back now) where someone took it apart,changed the oil and put it back together.darn if i could ever find that now though.............

well i'll be darned.i amaze myself sometimes lol.here:

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?60625-How-much-oil-in-a-vacuum-pump

but still,i guess no matter.still doesn't address resealing one,so........im not too impressive even if i do impress myself.:rotflmao

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That would have been cheaper. Just didn't have the time, not knowing how much longer before it went boom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance