Us gear over/ underdrive dual range

tknomaj

Reaction score
Who Knows about these and can they be mounted without changing drive shafts it says dual range meaning over and under?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dual range means you got two output gear ratios - under and straight or straight and over. A "brownie" box will have the three ratios (under, straight, and over) you want. I don't know how you'd install any auxiliary unit without altering driveshafts, these things are pretty long so no matter if you got a one-piece or a two piece rear shaft you'll have to shorten it some...

tknomaj

Reaction score
They say it replaces adapter in between trans and transfercase and i dont know ? Tried to call mel but it is after 10 back east and calvin could not be reached so I am asking for help to understand

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should call Jim at US Gear if his job hasn't been eliminated. He's always helpful and very knowledgeable. I don't know much about the 4X4 versions, but with the 2wd version of the old DNE2 boxes I think you had to shorten the front driveshaft 8-9"

tknomaj

Reaction score
can not call to night and the one i found is a 4x4 version could you help and answer some question? Sorry mis read and in a hurry to find input

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it a 4x4 version it goes between the trans and tcase. And driveline mods are required

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online