Unfortunately it happened :(

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About the best advice for good stock parts is buy Delphi injectors. Next best suggestion is rebuilt from Mel or Russ. They have a great reputation and stand behind what they sell. Justin has taken some shots from many and given back shots too. I recall when he finished his big build and was so much in a hurry to run it he went out without ANY gauges connected... I mentioned that was dangerous to a new high performance build because he was getting no feedback from the gauges. He got away with it and did not burn down the engine. A few months later that engine blew a head gasket. When he removed the head he would not explain what happened.. Turns out this forum got a pic of what happened. He and hid bud installed a piston the wrong way. We got said pic from a vetran members here. Things happen. Dwelling on it will never make it go away. So later on that engine was up and running great. I'm on u tube watching 6.9 idi engines running when I find a vid by him mentioning me. His comment was ..."And this is for icantfixall".... Wow.. I got a mention in someones u tube video. Honestly I was flattered. In no way was I pissed off either. Justin did get banned from this forum but I need to tip my hat to him. He was working with a supposedly pump builder for a 200 cc output pump. Problem was he kept shearing off the 3 drive bolts (you know the special hardened ones) and the drive pin. So he machined the injection pump for a larger pin and that worked. But his calculations never made the hp the pump was designed for. So he was talking with the "pump builder" who actually was having another guy build them. So he started working the phone book looking for the builder.. Guess what.. He found him and during their talk the guy laughed at him thinking he could get 200cc out of that pump. The builder knew what it could do and even told the so called builder Justin was dealing thru. So this actual builder told him to sent it directly back to him and they would make it work. So justin contacted the "middle man" and asked for some answers. Well **** hit the fan big time. Words were said and law suite threats were thrown like a snowball fight. So Justin came back here under another name which is worse than anything that had been done before. I still do not understand why a person can't come back under a different name. But in closing Justin stuck his next out to WARN us not to do business with a fake pump builder that was well known here. Hell I even did business with this well lets call him Ken...:angel: I helped him design the very first head stud kits of the 7.3 engines. I got the first set and they were wonderful. They testing was 270,000 psi breaking too. The new stock bolts are 154,000 lbs. So you can see they were the best money could buy. Sadly these did not fair well after my engine lost a badly installed freeze plug after driving 5200 miles. Loosing all the coolant has a bad thing too. when you have nothing actually touching the coolant sensor you can't know what is going on. I was pulling the Grapevine and in the steepest grade part of it. Engine slowed and the temps were fine.. But what the oil tempt told me was 330 degrees plus and knocking like Sheldon Cooper on Pennys door is not a good thing. Stuck pistons to walls and really ruined the engine. I got screwed big. Anyway those ken studs broke after rebuilding that engine. I had just serviced the engine ready for a horse hauling trip all fueled up when I saw a 2 inch puddle of coolant under rig at station. Drove home and thought I saw a 3/8 drive 6 inch extension in driveway.. Nope.. It was a stud. Looked at engine and found another broken stud laying near the motor mount. No real reason those studs failed. Even the engineers at ARP looked them over and had no idea. At least thats what they told me when I purchased a bulk set of studs from them for my 7.3. Sadly they were 200,000 psi studs. But back to Justin. He has not been accepted round these parts for some time and thats kind of sad. He has a lot to offer. A great well known member her told me he thinks a lot of Justin and one just has to get past the guy to see the real person down inside. Its whats inside that counts. Not what you see on the outside. I'm not a liker or a hater of Justin. I respect what he has done for ALL OF US in the idi community.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the support the people on these forums give us here at Conestoga Diesel Injection. I just do my thing, and don't try to cast a shadow on others doing their thing. We are working towards having more engine parts, but we are starting with whole engines first. Our first Moose Mover 300 7.0L IDI has been built and is sold. We have 6 levels of pump performance, including the Super Moose which is 205cc (way more fuel than anyone can use), and all of our new injectors are now made in-house with new tooling. New Delphi BB injectors are no longer available, so our Moose Mate injectors fill that gap, and of course our Moose Mister injectors are based on those as well. We understand people have a choice when making a purchase, and we also know we are not the cheapest. We just want to be the best, most reliable company to deal with, delivering consistent quality and customer service second to none. We have sold over 340 Moose pumps since 2007 and 440 of our own injectors since 2012, and continue to do so. We always answer the phone and always call our customers back. IDI's are a personal passion, so we have a special interest no auto parts store can compare to. I hate to see people throw their money away on that high volume low quality stuff those places sell, but unfortunately it happens every week when I get that call from someone who says "gee, I wish I had known about you guys first". Not trying to toot my own horn here. You guys do that for me pretty well, and I appreciate it. Just thought I'd throw out an official comment thanking you, and wishing all a happy Thanksgiving.

The_88_lariat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel I would love to buy some of your injectors my mechanic and friend told me about moose products before I have even bought my truck but unfortunately I'm on a tight budget going to school full time and working when I build a motor I'll be in contact

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well said Mel. The best is going to cost more simply because it is the best. I feel like those that cheap out because they feel like spending money of cheaper parts get what they buy. Sadly they come to the realization only after wards.. That was a costly mistake. Now I have to spend more money.. Now how do I explain that to the wife or girlfriend....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He cant come on here lmao

There is good reason for that..... right Al?

I don't fart around here much anymore. Too many Anderson fans (to put it nicely) for me. I agree with Tim. I don't care what you sell or what your truck did or does.... it's how you conduct yourself as a person that matters.

If personal conduct and how a person treats others isn't important to some people, that's up to them.

It matters to me.

Heath

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
There is good reason for that..... right Al?

I don't fart around here much anymore. Too many Anderson fans (to put it nicely) for me. I agree with Tim. I don't care what you sell or what your truck did or does.... it's how you conduct yourself as a person that matters.

If personal conduct and how a person treats others isn't important to some people, that's up to them.

It matters to me.

Heath
And for good reason. I saw the way he attacked you on "the other forum"
Called you a NutSwinger after you took up for Mel. Really his products are cheaper than Mel's but he's not the kinda of guy I'll buy from after seeing the way he conducts himself online.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.